Developers, programmers and fintech innovators all over Africa are joining forces with Ecobank, the continent’s biggest banking ecosystem, to transform finance through technology and innovation.
Ecobank is challenging Africa’s new generation of entrepreneurs to find lasting solutions to the continent’s most pressing banking issues. Submit entries in one or more of our key areas of interest for your Chance to win up to $500,000 funding.
Alongside the funding opportunity, Submitting an entry can help you access a host of other exciting benefits that could help catapult your start-up towards success.
- Become a Fellow. Enjoying mentoring by leading experts.
- Be a Service Partner. Access Africa’s biggest banking ecosystem.
- Attract funding. Up to $500K for your Fintech solution.
- Maximise your reach. Give your start-up full Pan-African visibility.
- Go multi-national. Partner with us to roll out to 36 countries.
- Showcase your idea at Ecobank’s Innovation Fair.
We take a very broad view of fintech. We encourage developers and innovators to submit applications addressing one or more of the following challenges.
- Predictive analysis using big data
- Agency banking
- Secured client authentication
- Apps to work without internet connectivity
- KYC technology
- Customer analytics
- Credit scoring
- Micro Loan System
- User experience optimizing solutions using machine learning and AI
- Blockchain technology / solutions within Banking
April 14, 2017
|Program dates||Apr 14 - Dec 31, 2017|
Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Côte d'Ivoire, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Northern Africa, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Tanzania, United Republic of, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
|Sectors||Banking, Computer software, EdTech, Financial services, HealthTech, Insurance|
DAOU Aklesso Jonas posted an update on the Competition page Ecobank Fintech Challenge 2017.
we have an african game developing subsidiary… can we apply?