COOPEN Call For Innovators – Health and Well-beingWe support the development of innovative digital health services.
Calling For All Innovators
The challenges that have emerged and some (not exhaustive) examples of the activity areas are given below. The examples are aimed at facilitating the identification of the Innovators in the challenges covered by the Call:
- Promote the training of the qualified medical and healthcare personnel.
- More efficient medical instruments and devices.
- Maintenance of the medical equipment and instruments.
- Construction of healthcare environments and infrastructures.
- Collect and organise the clinical data.
- Access to treatment and communication.
- Prevention in local communities and vulnerable groups.
In detail, the program timeframes are those indicated below
- Collection of the applications: From 13 September 2021 to 8 November 2021 (by 11:59 pm),
by filling in the online Application Form indicated in Clause 4 above.
- Assessment of the applications: up to a maximum of fifteen (15) Innovators who will
participate in the Demo Day will be selected by 20 December 2021.
- Demo Day (final selection of the projects): up to a maximum of seven (7) Innovators who will
access the next phase will be identified within the end of January 2022.
- Project presentation in cooperation with the CSO(s): within February 2022.
- Incubation/acceleration process: three-month duration (from April 2022 to July 2022).
- Pilot project implementation: four months from the end of the incubation/acceleration
process (an extension will be assessed based on possible specific needs).
The Call is addressed to Innovators (as identified in Clause 2 above) with projects that at the application submission date:
- Are based on initiatives and/or technologies with a TRL -Technology Readiness Level between 3 and 6, as defined in the Annex to the Horizon 2020 – Work Programme
2014-2015 of the European Commission
- African organisations that have ongoing activities in one of the following countries:
Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Kenya, Mali, Niger, Rwanda, Senegal or Uganda;
- Italian organisations that are willing to operate in one of the following countries: Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Kenya, Senegal, Uganda.
The deadline for submitting an application for the Call, by filling in completely the “Application Form” is set at 11:59 pm of 8 November 2021.
- Participation is free of charge and does not imply any obligation or commitment of any kind
outside the conditions set out in this Public Notice.
- All documents submitted may be drawn up in Italian, English or French.
- By submitting their application and the documents for participation in the Public Notice, the
participants declare that the information provided is true and that any decision of the
Assessment Committee (as identified in Clause 8 below) will be unconditionally accepted.
- The development of the projects and the related technological solutions will be assisted in
the assessment of the potential impact that can be generated, also through the technical
support of the Tiresia research group of the Milan Polytechnic University to which, by
applying for the Public Notice, the applicant undertakes to provide the data that will be
- Employees of Fondazione Cariplo, Fondazione Compagnia di San Paolo, Cariplo Factory,
JengaLab, Tiresia, Effecinque or companies controlled or participated by them may not
participate in the Public Notice.