Another year has passed in which the Seedstars World teams traveled to over 70 countries around the world, and 18 of them on the African continent, with the mission to find the best tech startups in emerging markets. We partnered with VC4Africa to attract and monitor applications and we are proud that the 18 African winners of the country events will pitch in front of an international audience at the global Seedstars Summit in April.
We couldn’t be more excited for these entrepreneurs and want this event to play a part in accelerating a pan-African innovation ecosystem and entrepreneurship community. If you want to be part of this and see the incredible potential of these African startups for yourself, then join us on the 6th of April 2017 in Lausanne, Switzerland, for the global Seedstars Summit (register with 20% discount).
If for some reason you can’t make it, or you need more reasons to be convinced, you can find links to the VC4A venture profiles of all the changemakers and innovators from across the African continent below:
- IDWork – IDWork uses technology to organise and mobilise informal service providers to give a superior and cheaper experience to employers.
- BlackBOX TV – BlackBOX TV, the future of TV! Stream any content you want in our DB and forget your internet communication. 100% Portable and no NET needed!
- Wi-Connect Lda – Making free internet into a profitable business.
- Kangpe – Allows Africans discuss health issues quickly and confidentially with verified doctors 24/7 via SMS, Mobile App or Web within minutes.
- Chalkboard Education – Offers plug-and-play mobile learning solutions to universities and nonaprofits that work on any device and without an Internet connection.
- Etudesk – Etudesk is a web platform allowing academic institutions to easily set up their e-learning platform and to offer high quality courses.
- Aikio Corp. – A web and USSD platform for medical institutions to transmit medical files to patients safely and confidentially.
- Hulubet – An online event marketplace and event management system. Find events based on your interest, sell and manage your ticket.
- Jamii – A mobile micro-health insurance product for the low income and informal sector population at just $1 per month.
- Akiba – Revolutionizing finance by making it collective, granting people the tools for practical & transparent management of their finances.
- iNuka Pap Limited – We are a mobile platform that allows subscribers to access free medical insurance just by saving and borrowing loans.
- Wutiko – Professional network for Africa.
- Dr CADx – Dr CADx is a computer aided diagnostic system to help doctors diagnose medical images more accurately and save lives.
- Bua.Space – A service rating platform for service businesses, allowing them to receive and respond to individual customer feedback.
- Dalli – Dalil is an Object recognition and navigation system for visually impaired people.
- Tutorama – Tutorama is a highly curated marketplace connecting parents with top quality tutors. We are the Airbnb of tutoring.
- Evey Technologies – Evey is web & mobile platform that helps community managers realize real time votes/surveys with automoted data analysis.
- Kasha – Kasha sells and delivers women’s health products confidentially through a widely accessible retail platform.
About Seedstars WorldSeedstars World is an exclusive global startup competition and network to identify the leading seed-stage startups across emerging markets. Our mission is to reduce unemployment in emerging markets through the promotion and investment in entrepreneurship. We already traveled to 35+ countries over the past 2 years, received 2500+ applications and listened to 800+ startups pitching. To date, tehir portfolio of startups has raised $20M.
View the video below where the Seedstars World team share their impressions from the African continent.