3-Part Getting Started with AWS: Data Analytics Webinar Series
When: September 01 – September 03, 2020 | 10:00 -11:00 AM SAST
Length: 60 minutes
Topics that will be covered:
Getting Started with Amazon Kinesis Firehose | September 01, 2020 | 10:00 – 11:00 AM SAST
In this session, we introduce Amazon Kinesis Firehose to ingest streaming data from various sources. We will look at how it can perform Extract Transform Load (ETL) operations on the data as it streams in, and store the data in both Amazon S3 and Amazon Redshift for further analysis.
Getting Started with AWS Glue to Provide Data for your Warehouse/Lake | September 02, 2020 | 10:00 – 11:00 AM SAST
In this session, we take a deeper look at how AWS Glue allows moving and transforming data to be consumed by your data warehouse/lake. We look at various jobs you can set up, how to automatically trigger them and also configuring crawlers to define the data shapes.
Getting Started with Amazon Quicksight to Visualise your Data | September 03, 2020 | 10:00 -11:00 AM SAST
In this session, we look at how to set up Amazon Quicksight to visualise data sets by connecting it to Amazon Redshift and Amazon Athena. We look at the different visualisation options available.
• Learn how to use Amazon Kinesis Firehose to ingest stream data, perform ETL operations and store results
• Learn how to use AWS Glue to prepare and transform your data, configure jobs and set up crawlers to catalogue your data
• Learn how to build interactive reports with Amazon Quicksight to visualise your data sets
Who Should Attend:
• Developers who are new to data analytics and want to learn how to ingest data with Amazon Kinesis Firehose
• Developers who want to learn how to use AWS Glue for their data cataloguing, preparation and transformation needs
• Developer who want to learn how to use Amazon Quicksight to visualise their data for reporting
Speakers: Cobus Bernard, Senior Developer Advocate, AWS