Join us for our 6th Africa Women Innovation & Entrepreneurship Forum Conference & Awards I Virtual Event 2020
Each year since 2015, we gather together African entrepreneurship ecosystem stakeholders and partners to connect, engage, and form meaningful collaborations over two magical days. We dialogue and share thought leadership on entrepreneurship, technology and innovation trends; women’s economic equity and empowerment; trade and investing in Africa. We get inspired, build powerful relationships, and leave feeling renewed and energized.
AWIEF attendees have included (but not limited to):
- Political & Government Leaders: Ameenah Gurib-Fakim (former President of Mauritius), Fatoumata Jallow-Tambajang (former Vice President of The Gambia), Aisha Al-Hassan (former Nigerian Minister of Women Affairs), Bathabile Dlamini (former South African Minister of Women), Cecilia Chazama (former Malawian Minister of Civic Education, Culture and Community Development), Nyasha Chikwinya (former Zimbabwean Minister of Women Affairs), Akinwumi Ambode (former Governor of Lagos State, Nigeria), Mathabo Gail Makenete (Deputy Governor, Central Bank of Lesotho), Patricia De Lille (former Executive Mayor of Cape Town), Dan Plato (Executive Mayor of Cape Town), Elizabeth Thabete (former South African Deputy Minister of Tourism), Hlengiwe Mkhize (South African Deputy Minister of Women).
- Notable Dignitaries: Archbishop Desmond Tutu (Nobel Laureate), Zanele Mbeki (former First Lady of South Africa).
- Ambassadors: Cecilia Julin (former Ambassador of Sweden to South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho & Namibia), Helen Budliger Artieda (former Ambassador of Switzerland to South Africa), Trine Skymoen (former Ambassador of Norway to South Africa, Madagascar & Namibia).
- UN/World Bank/International Development Leaders: Vera Songwe (United Nations Under-Secretary General & Executive Secretary, UN Economic Commission for Africa), Arunma Oteh (former Vice President & Treasurer of the World Bank & Academic Scholar, Oxford University), Obiageli Ezekwesili (former Vice President Africa Region of the World Bank), Geraldine Fraser-Moleketi (former Vice President and Special Envoy on Gender of the African Development Bank), Vanessa Moungar (Director, Women, Gender and Civil Societies, African Development Bank), John Groarke (USAID Director Southern Africa), Marie Francoise Marie-Nelly (World Bank Country Director for South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Lesotho & Eswatini), Vanessa Adams (Vice President, AGRA), Anne Githuku-Shongwe (UN Women Representative for Southern Africa).
- C-Suite Business and Thought Leaders: Barbara Makhubedu (Chief Financial Officer, Shell South Africa), Nirmala Reddy, (Senior Manager, Nedbank), Josh Ghaim (former Chief Technology Officer, Johnson & Johnson), Waheed Olagunju (former Executive Director, Bank of Industry, Nigeria), Patricia Obozuwa (Chief Communications Officer, GE Africa).
- Africa’s Great Women Entrepreneurs: Wendy Luhabe (Economic Activist & Founder Women’s Private Equity Fund, South Africa), Margaret Hirsch (Co-founder & Chief Operations Executive, Hirsch’s Home Stores, South Africa), Jennifer Riria, (Group CEO, ECHO Network Africa, Kenya), Gina Din-Kariuki (Group CEO, Gina Din Group, Kenya); Ndidi Nwuneli (Managing Partner, Sahel Consulting & Founder, LEAP Africa, Nigeria).
- Academia: Mamokgheti Phakeng (Vice Chancellor, University of Cape Town), Charles Mgone (Vice Chancellor, Herbert Kariuki Memorial University, Tanzania), Judy Dlamini (Chancellor of the University of the Witswatersrand).
AWIEF2020, our 6th edition, will take place as a VIRTUAL CONFERENCE on 2nd and 3rd December with the theme: “Reimagining Business and Rebuilding Better”.
Join us as we reflect on the structures that underpin our African economy and society as we emerge from the COVID-19 pandemic; the role of entrepreneurship, leadership, technology, intra-Africa trade, impact investing, women and youth in a post-crisis world and to reimagine the business, economy, and leadership we need to rebuild and recover going into the future.
|Organizer||Africa Woman Innovation & Entrepreneurship Forum (AWIEF)|
Africa, Antarctica Region, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Europe, Fiji, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Kiribati, Mexico, Micronesia (Federated States of), Nauru, Nicaragua, Northern America, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Suriname, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tuvalu, Uruguay, Vanuatu, Venezuela