|Application deadline||Nov 6|
|Program dates||Jun 13, 2019: 0:00|
|Organizer||Ashden Competition Organizer|
Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Côte d'Ivoire, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Tanzania, United Republic of, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Northern Africa
|Sectors||Business services, Clean technology and energy, Healthcare, Renewable energy|
The Ashden Awards reward innovative enterprises and programmes that deliver, or play a key part in enabling the delivery of sustainable energy systems and through this bring social, economic and environmental benefits. In 2019, we will make up to 10 awards, seven with an international focus and three focused on the UK. The winners will receive prize funds of £10,000 or £20,000 each, depending on which Award they win.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
In 2019, the Ashden International Awards will be awarding work from all developing countries that fit into the listed categories and also meets the key laid-down criteria. When completing your application, it is important to indicate the specific category/categories you feel are most relevant to your work. Your application will be considered in categories other than the ones you have indicated if they fit your work more closely.
- Sustainable Cities and Buildings: Organisations working in the built environment to rapidly decarbonize urban buildings and districts, including retrofitting existing buildings, as well as the design and construction of new buildings
- Sustainable Mobility: Innovative enterprises or programmes that are improving access to sustainable transport and mobility services for those who currently have inadequate access, and having a measurable impact on greenhouse gas emissions, air pollution or congestion
- Powering Business: We are looking for enterprises or programmes providing and/or using sustainable energy or energy efficiency in the provision of goods and services to produce income or value
- Clean Cooking: We are seeking organisations accelerating the uptake of cleaner and more efficient cooking solutions which reduce indoor air pollution, improve health and protect the environment
- Sustainable Energy & Healthcare: We are looking for organisations providing and/or using sustainable forms of energy to support the provision of healthcare services, including solutions for mobile, emergency and humanitarian contexts, cold-chain and other eco-system needs
- Cooling for People: We are looking for organisations that are delivering work that alleviates heat stress for those spending time outdoors in hot climates, whether for work or while travelling
- Financial or Business Model Innovation: We are looking for organisations or programmes improving access to energy through innovations in financial mechanisms and business models.
- Award of up to £20,000
- National and international media exposure
- Tailored support to develop your work even further
- Media materials to help you tell your story