|Location||Bellville, Cape Town, South Africa|
Burundi, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Rwanda, Seychelles, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, United Republic of, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
|Sectors||Agribusiness, Food and beverage, Food production|
Agri-Vie is a private equity investment fund focused on food and agribusiness in Sub-Sahara Africa, a foundational sector of the continent’s economies. Agri- Vie harnesses private equity investment disciplines to generate above-average investment returns, while also addressing development impact challenges.
Initiated by the Agri-Vie investment team and Sanlam Private Equity with the cooperation of South African and international investors as well as the Makotulo Consortium, Agri-Vie has consistently grown its role as a trusted investment partner in food & agribusiness.
Since inception in 2008, we’ve invested USD 100m in the food and agribusiness sector. Recognising value, or the potential for value, is our business. This ability, combined with the right mix of capital, time and business building expertise, enables us to unlock value for investors, while positively impacting on communities and their environment.
As an investor focused on the food and agribusiness value chain, Agri-Vie only in exceptional cases invests directly in stand-alone primary production/farming.
The following sub-sectors relate to our first-order investment focus:
- Food and beverage FMCG
- Convenience foods, including fresh-packed and prepared foods
- Protein products including poultry, aquaculture and beef
- Value-added dairy products, including yoghurts, desserts, cultured milk
- Health & wellness products/nutraceuticals
- Forestry and timber products
- Agricultural inputs including seeds, bio-friendly fertilisers and crop-protection
- Food logistics – cold chain, warehousing, distribution
- Renewable energy