|Application deadline||Jan 3, 2017|
|Organizer||African Innovation FoundationEvent Organizer|
Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Côte d'Ivoire, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Tanzania, United Republic of, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Northern Africa
Agribusiness, Clean technology, Computer software, Creative, media and entertainment, Diversified services, EdTech, Healthcare, HealthTech, Manufacturing, Mobile, Renewable energy, Water, sanitation and hygiene
Five years ago, AIF initiated the IPA to support African innovators by unlocking their potential and catalyzing the African innovation spirit, promoting home-grown solutions for Africa’s prosperity.
We seek to:
- Increase Africa’s prosperity through investing in home-grown innovations and entrepreneurship
- Strengthen African innovation ecosystems through our platforms and mobilize a network of innovation enablers, driving business development and cross-collaboration.
- Demonstrate that African ingenuity exists at a Pan African level through honouring outstanding innovations and recognizing their positive impact in Africa and beyond
Today, IPA is a leading platform on the African innovation landscape; it has a network of 6000+ African innovators spanning 50 countries; 45 of the continent’s top innovators and 35+ innovation enablers.
- GRAND PRIZE WINNER: US$ 100,000
- SECOND PRIZEWINNER: US$ 25,000
- SPECIAL PRIZE FOR SOCIAL IMPACT INNOVATION: US$ 25,000
The Priority Areas:
Criteria for Selection:
- In the overall assessment of winning applications, the winners are established with reference to:
- The uniqueness of their innovations and superiority to similar or alternative solutions;
- The size and nature of positive social impact that can be attributed to application of their innovation;
- The potential of the innovation to become a commercial success or sustainable (for social innovations).