Thanks to Digital Africa, you could benefit from an international visibility, an access to new partners, clients, investors and join a community that gathers the best talents of digital innovation in Africa and for Africa!
If, like us, you are convinced that digital innovation can have a tremendous impact to boost the emergence of Africa. If you are involved in an entrepreneurial adventure and that you have created an innovative product or service to answer the main challenges of African economies. If you would like to contribute to digital transition within a dynamic of innovation and common good, Let the world know about your innovation, boost your growth and increase your impact.
African and French startups, it’s over to you! Apply here
All the startup winners of this second edition of the Digital Africa challenge will benefit from a high visibility and access an international network of partners, clients and investors. They will be part of a community that gathers the best talents of digital innovation in Africa and for Africa, in order to share experiences and good practices.
The 5 African winning startups will be accompanied by the AFD through an “acceleration pack”, a customizable, technical and financial support up to a 30.000 Euros value.
The 5 French winning startups will be accompanied by Bpifrance up to a 10.000 Euros value support pack to strengthen their expertise and develop new opportunities on the African continent: Bpifrance Université training, networking and discovery trip to Abidjan and Cape Town with the French entrepreneurs community in the French Tech Hubs.
“For a young startup, Digital Africa offers a great opportunity to gain a continental and international visibility.” – Dieu-Donné Okalas Ossami, E-Tumba, winning startup of the first edition of Digital Africa.
What are the selection criteria?
For the second edition of Digital Africa, startups are invited to propose innovative projects linked to the following themes:
• Territory (urban challenge, rural transformation, and Smart City etc.)
• Citizenship (e-government, civic engagement, activism, and alternative media etc.)
• Knowledge and creativity (education, formation, creative and cultural industries etc.)
• Environment and climate (green tech, clean tech, sustainable transportations, blue economy, and renewable energies etc.)
The relevance of the solutions proposed, their feasibility, sustainability and potential impact will be key criteria in the selection process divided in several steps:
• An extensive analysis of the projects, of their innovative nature and of their business model;
• A review of the pre-selected projects by AFD and Bpifrance experts;
• A final selection by a jury composed by experts of the technological and entrepreneurial ecosystem in Africa.
• Pauline Mujawamariya, Director of the Innovation Prize for Africa – African Innovation Foundation;
• Tidjane Deme, General Partner of Partech Venture;
• Emeka Okofore, TED Global, for Africa;
• Aissatou Sow, Director of Development in Africa, Intel Corporation;
• Erick Young, CEO Greentec Capital Partners.
|Application deadline||October 22|
|Organizer||AFD Public Sector Initiative|
|Location||Dakar, Dakar Region, Senegal|
|Targets||Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Côte d'Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Réunion, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, United Republic of, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe|
|Sectors||Retail and wholesale, Agribusiness, Automotive, Banking, Clean technology, Computer hardware, Computer software, Construction, Creative, media and entertainment, Diversified services, E-commerce, Education, Electronics, Financial services, Food and beverage, Healthcare, Insurance, Internet, Leisure and travel, Manufacturing, Mobile, Real estate, Renewable energy, Telecom, Transport and logistics, Utilities, Waste management and recycling, Water, sanitation and hygiene|