The Westerwelle Young Founders Programme (YFP) is a six-month fellowship for 25 leaders uplifting emerging and developing markets towards a sustainable future. We offer targeted support to scale our founders’ ventures and develop their leadership abilities, ending in a 5-day conference in Berlin for the Top 10 participants.
- Kick-Off Conference: A two-day digital kick-off conference will take place in the first week of April 2022.
- Remote Programme: From April 2022 – September 2022, the Young Founders will receive six months of support including a personal mentor, alumni buddy, monthly peer mentoring sessions, monthly expert workshops and networking opportunities with corporates and investors.
- Berlin Conference: The ten best performing Young Founders will be invited to a five-day conference in Fall 2022. During this conference, the founders will have the opportunity to pitch in front of investors, participate in workshops, join networking events and get an insight into the German start-up scene.
- Application deadline: Sunday, March 13 at 11:59 CEST
- Interviews with shortlisted candidates: March 14-18, 2022
- Notification of all applicants: April 2022
We are looking for entrepreneurs with high potential for impact and growth to become leaders of a sustainable future, with the following criteria:
- You have recently (in the last five years) started a for-profit company focused on developing or emerging markets
- Your company possesses a scalable business model that has ideally generated revenue or secured a first round of external funding
- You or your business possesses disruptive qualities that can increase the quality, impact or inclusiveness of the industry
- You possess a good working knowledge of English
- You are available to attend the digital kick-off conference and can make time to participate in programme activities for the six months
March 13, 2022
|Program dates||Apr 1 - Sep 30, 2022|
Africa, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Asia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay, Venezuela
5. Gender Equality, 8. Decent Work and Economic Growth, 9. Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure, 10. Reduced Inequality