The Westerwelle Young Founders Programme is a fully funded six-month programme for 25 exceptional entrepreneurs from developing and emerging economies. The programme kicks-off with the Westerwelle Young Founders Conference in Berlin taking place from 2nd to 6th of April 2019. Its focus is to connect young founders from developing and emerging economies with each other and the German startup scene.
What we offer:
- The Westerwelle Young Founders Conference – a week-long conference in Berlin to get to know fellow Young Founders, the German startup scene and strengthen the entrepreneurial skills by attending workshops and meetings (travel and accommodation will be covered by the Westerwelle Foundation)
- A personal mentor – an experienced entrepreneur who will function as a sparring partner with whom to discuss upcoming challenges and new opportunities
- Monthly peer mentoring calls to share knowledge and support each other
- Expert sessions on relevant topics (e.g. OKRs, investor KPIs, marketing & sales)
- The Young Founders Network – a strong alumni network to connect with other Young Founders, exchange ideas and find support for existing challenges
- Exposure to the Berlin startup scene and the public for you and your startup via our social media channels and our networks
- Assistance beyond the programme as we remain a contact person and will help in finding experts for challenges, offer possibilities to share learnings or celebrate successes.
Travel and accommodation for the Young Founders Conference will be covered by the Westerwelle Foundation. All fellows are expected to actively participate in the Young Founders Conference as well as in the scheduled mentoring calls.
January 8, 2019
|Program dates||Apr 2 - Sep 30, 2019|
Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Côte d'Ivoire, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Northern Africa, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Tanzania, United Republic of, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- Christoph RohdeProgramme ManagerBerlin, Germany