|Application deadline||Dec 18|
|Program dates||Apr 10, 2018 - Mar 31, 2019|
|Organizer||Westerwelle Foundation Foundation / Non-profit|
Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Côte d'Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Réunion, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, United Republic of, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Retail and wholesale, Agribusiness, Automotive, Banking, Clean technology, Computer hardware, Computer software, Construction, Creative, media and entertainment, Diversified services, E-commerce, Education, Electronics, Financial services, Food and beverage, Healthcare, Insurance, Internet, Leisure and travel, Manufacturing, Mobile, Real estate, Renewable energy, Telecom, Transport and logistics, Utilities, Waste management and recycling, Water, sanitation and hygiene
Apply now for the Spring 2018 Westerwelle Young Founders Programme and attend the Young Founders Conference in Berlin, Germany from 10 to 14 April 2018.
The Westerwelle Young Founders Programme is a fully funded year-long programme for 25 exceptional entrepreneurs from developing and emerging economies. As part of the programme, the Westerwelle Foundation hosts an annual conference in Berlin: the Young Founders Conference. Its focus is to connect young founders from developing and emerging economies with each other and with the German startup scene.
The participants of the Young Founders Conference will have the unique opportunity to meet and interact with successful entrepreneurs, investors and political decision makers. They will also join a network of like-minded outstanding young founders from developing and emerging economies.
During the year-long programme, all fellows will get access to:
- The Young Founders Conference in Berlin, Germany; 10 – 14 April 2018
- A mentoring programme: monthly mentoring calls with an experienced entrepreneur and with the group of Westerwelle Young Founders
- Invitations and scholarships for entrepreneurship conferences
- An international alumni network
Travel and accommodation for the Young Founders Conference will be covered by the Westerwelle Foundation. All fellows are expected to actively participate in the Young Founders Conference as well as in the scheduled mentoring calls.
- Have recently (in the last 5 years) started a for-profit company with a scalable business model
- Be based in a developing or emerging country or have a strong business focus on developing and emerging economies
- Possess a good working knowledge of English
Please note that foreign applicants must possess valid travel documents (including a visa, if necessary) to enter Germany, and valid travel medical insurance.
Application process overview
- Online application (Deadline: 18 December 2017, 10 AM CET)
- Notification of application status to all candidates (10 January 2018)
- Skype interviews with shortlisted candidates (11 January – 10 February 2018)
- Jury decision and final selection of candidates (10 – 15 February 2018)
- Notification of application results to shortlisted candidates (15 February 2018)