|Application deadline||Jan 15, 2018|
|Program dates||Mar 1, 2018 - Mar 1, 2019|
|Organizer||Webber Wentzel Service Provider|
Retail and wholesale, Agribusiness, Automotive, Banking, Clean technology, Computer hardware, Computer software, Construction, Creative, media and entertainment, Diversified services, E-commerce, EdTech, Education, Electronics, Financial services, Food and beverage, Healthcare, HealthTech, Insurance, Internet, Leisure and travel, Manufacturing, Mobile, Real estate, Renewable energy, Telecom, Transport and logistics, Utilities, Waste management and recycling, Water, sanitation and hygiene
Are you one of South Africa’s most promising start-ups or scale-ups? We are keen to partner with you on your journey to success – through Webber Wentzel Ignite. Webber Wentzel Ignite aims to give you a strong legal foundation coupled with exceptional value-adds to set your business apart from the rest.
Webber Wentzel has launched Webber Wentzel Ignite – a legal incubation programme that will provide selected entrepreneurs and innovators with:
- tailored legal services valued at up to ZAR 100,000;
- bespoke mentoring and training support, focused on legal knowledge and developing key skills relevant to start-up businesses; and
- targeted networking and profile-raising opportunities.
To join the programme, interested applicants will need to complete the application form by clicking ‘Apply’ at the top of this page.
Applications close on 15 January 2018. A consultative panel of industry experts will select the applicants that will receive support. Preference will be given to high-potential South African ventures that already have some market traction.
“Webber Wentzel has a long-standing history of supporting entrepreneurship. We recognise that the future of South Africa requires an ecosystem of innovation and growth and we want to make a meaningful contribution to this. Through our Ignite programme, we will provide the best applicants with premium legal services to drive their business forward and position them well for future fundraising and expansion. With the right support, good business ideas can turn into thriving enterprises with global reach.”
Christo Els, Webber Wentzel Senior Partner
How will successful applicants be selected?
A consultative panel of industry experts, led by Peter Grealy of Webber Wentzel, will select the applicants that will receive our support. Preference will be given to high-potential South African ventures that already have market traction.
Our panellists are:
• Andrea Böhmert, venture investor and partner at Knife Capital
• Antoinette Prophy, founder and manager of the 88 Business Collective
• Lara Rosmarin, former co-founder and executive director of Seed Academy and a former director of Seed Engine business accelerator
• Zachariah George, partner and co-managing director of Startupbootcamp Africa and founder and managing director of Cactus Advisors
• Leanne Mostert, partner at Webber Wentzel, and
• Peter Grealy, partner and head of Technology, Media & Telecommunications at Webber Wentzel.