What is VivaTech?
The biggest tech Event in Europe
We gather under one roof the brightest entrepreneurs, executives, investors, students and academics to collaborate, network, pitch, get inspired and showcase their innovations. Our 3-day annual conference has become, in only 4 years, the biggest gateway in Europe for innovation actors worldwide.
An innovation catalyst
Our mission is to help startups and major corporates to become the digital champions of tomorrow, to succeed in their digital transformation and to innovate collectively for the common good.
What has VivaTech got to offer?
- The latest innovations – Step into the world of VivaTech and interact with robots, drones, VR, AR, and as-yet-unclassifiable hardware and software. This is innovation you can touch and feel.
- Start you up – There is no other place to see as many startups under the one roof. VivaTech is a springboard for nearly 2,000 early-stage startups hosted by major VivaTech partners.
- Network for success – Schedule all your global business meetings in one place. Find the people you’ve been wanting to connect with. VivaTech provides unparalleled access to the best and brightest in tech.
- Startup Challenges – Win your booth and pitch your solution on a global stage in front of top-level VCs and corporates. MORE INFO & APPLY
- VivaTech Awards 2020 – Partake in prestigious prizes created by VivaTech to identify the crème de la crème of innovation. Awards, including “Next European Unicorn Awards”, “Next Startupper Challenge”, “Tech Innovation Award”
- Exhibit at VivaTech – Showcase your innovations, solutions and open innovation initiatives. Sponsor and add your brand to an incredible zone. There are many ways to get involved.
- Press accreditations – Each year thousands of journalists representing over 75 nationalities come to VivaTech in Paris to share news of top-level speakers, immersive innovations to the rest of the world.
VivaTech Program Highlights
Since 2016, Viva Technology has gone from strength to strength. The 4th edition of the world’s leading tech rendezvous expanded into two new areas, and we served up even more immersive experiences for visitors, startups and business leaders from around the world. Here are a few highlights from the 2019 edition.
Tech For Good
Green Tech to save our planet, EdTech to increase access to education, mobile tech to alleviate poverty and improve quality of healthcare….. Tech4Good, a pillar of Viva Technology, explores the ways that technology can be a positive force for the economy, society and humanity. The Tech For Good Summit, on the eve of VivaTech’s official opening, was hosted again this year by French President Emmanuel Macron at the Élysée Palace, while a dedicated Tech4Good track ran throughout the three-day event.
United Tech of Europe
With a new European Commission, European Parliament elections and Brexit on the calendar for 2019, all eyes are on Europe. While EU data protection rules (GDPR) have helped reassure privacy-conscious citizens, the jury is out on how well European companies will fare against an increasingly data-driven business sector in the US and China. VivaTech 2019 explored Europe’s specific challenges and potential with country pavilions, Europe-based startups, a dedicated conference track, European partners.
Women in Tech
Partnering with more than 25 French and international organizations promoting gender equality, VivaTech has invited some 3,000 women to attend free of charge this year. We also launched the Female Founder Challenge to help women-led startups get financing. A major Girl Power Conference was held on Saturday when VivaTech opened to the general public. And European Commissioner for Science and Innovation, Carlos Moedas, joined us to present the EU Prize for Women Innovator.
New Talent in the Spotlight
Viva Technology helps guide people towards digital professions and actively encourages the recruitment of fresh talent. This year, in partnership with TechCrunch, VivaTech hosts a 36-hour hackathon where 1,000 programmers will gather to do what they do best. And we’ll offer two rewards for youthful entrepreneurship: the second consecutive Talents.START prize rewards employees under the age of 35 who have created a new structure within their company; and the PEPITE prize for startups goes out to the most promising student entrepreneurs.
A Bigger, Better Stage One
Same power-packed program, same high-octane atmosphere, but shorter lines and improved traffic flow as the 2019 edition of VivaTech expanded into two new spaces at Paris Expo Porte de Versailles. The Dôme de Paris (Palais des Sports) offered a 4,400-seat theatre to host global tech leaders, politicians and their audiences. (In 2019, crowds heard Jack Ma, Emmanuel Macron, Justin Trudeau, Ginni Rometty and Margrethe Vestager at VivaTech.)
Digital technology is developing in Africa at an astonishing rate, with entrepreneurs, investors, startups, and dynamic support structures powering the boom. For the second year, VivaTech hosted country pavilions and more than 100 of the most promising African startups to focus on obstacles and opportunities with regard to the African continent’s budding, innovative tech ecosystem. The AfricaTech Lab featured exclusive events and presentations, as well as a pitch area shared by startups and established companies such as Mara.
Watch highlights from last year’s VivaTech
Paris Expo Porte de Versailles
Paris, Île-de-France, France
Africa, Antarctica Region, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Europe, Fiji, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Kiribati, Mexico, Micronesia (Federated States of), Nauru, Nicaragua, Northern America, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Suriname, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tuvalu, Uruguay, Vanuatu, Venezuela
Adtech, Agritech, Artificial intelligence, Big data, Blockchain, Clean technology and energy, Cloud solutions, Computer software, Connectivity, E-commerce, E-learning, EdTech, Fintech, HealthTech, ICT, Information technology, Internet of things (IoT), Mobile, Quantum computing, Software as a Service, UAVs (drones), Virtual reality