Get global exposure for your startup or fintech. Enter our competition, featuring $100k in prizes—with the global finals live-streamed on TechCrunch.
Let’s get your startup on the world stage
Visa Everywhere Initiative is an open innovation program that helps startups like yours unlock new opportunities—and gives you a global platform to demonstrate your ground-breaking solutions. The program first launched in the U.S. in 2015, and has since expanded to every corner of the world, recruiting startups from over 100 countries. Over the past five years, more than 7,000 startups have participated, and they’ve collectively raised more than $2.5 billion in funding.
The first step towards getting your startup worldwide attention is to join the Visa Everywhere Initiative network—the same network of startups that our product teams from all over the world access when searching for solutions. Apply now through the global application. That way, we can notify you about upcoming opportunities and invite you to participate in Visa Everywhere Initiative competitions in your region.
Enter our global competition
This year, we are running a global startup competition and are looking for the brightest startups from around the world. One winner per region will be selected to compete in the global finals. If you’re a startup with great products already in market and gaining traction—and are looking for an extra push from a global, trusted brand like Visa to gain scale—this competition is perfect for you.
Visa will select the top 5 finalists for the 5 regions listed below. Next, each region will select a winner that will move forward to the global finals event.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for products that deliver innovative payment and commerce solutions to consumers and businesses. These include but are not limited to:
Enablers of digital services and digital issuers
- Blockchain and cryptocurrency
- Banking as a service
- BIN sponsors
- Issuer / processors
- Program managers
- Blockchain and cryptocurrency
- Alternative lending
- Personal financial management
- Money transfer and remittance
- Digital banking (aka neobanks)
- Digital wallets, P2P, and transfers
- Employee benefits
- Corporate cards (aka expense management)
Value-add for merchants and/or consumers in regard to finance
- Data and analytics
- ID, authentication, and security
- Merchant services and tools
- Process and pay infrastructure
- Retail technology
Small/medium-sized business recovery
- Money movement (disbursements, intra-account, P2P, payments)
- Acceptance (e-commerce, mobile acceptance)
- Risk management (chargebacks, etc.)
- Brand management (community building, etc.)
Four monetary prizes will be awarded during the global finals event:
- Overall Winner: $50,000 USD
- Audience Favorite: $25,000 USD
- 2nd Place: $15,000 USD
- 3rd Place: $10,000 USD
The overall winner, 2nd place-winner, and 3rd place-winner are also eligible to win the Audience Favorite prize.
- Applications close: April 2nd
- Finals event: on June 23rd (live-streamed on TechCrunch)
- Applications close: April 9th
- Finals event: May 10th
- Rest of CEMEA:
- Applications close: May 7th
- Finals event: June 8th (live-streamed on TechCrunch)
North America Finals:
- Applications close: May 14th
- Finals event: June 22nd (live-streamed on TechCrunch)
- Applications close: June 4th
- Finals event: July 6th
- Applications close: June 18th
- Finals event: July 19th
- Event: September 14th
It’s rewarding to win the regional and global finals
Your organization receives recognition from one of the world’s most valuable brands.
The regional and global finals will be livestreamed on TechCrunch, giving finalists global exposure.
Winners at the global finals receive a monetary prize (no equity taken) that you can invest in your company as you see fit.
Africa, Antarctica Region, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Europe, Fiji, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Kiribati, Mexico, Micronesia (Federated States of), Nauru, Nicaragua, Northern America, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Suriname, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tuvalu, Uruguay, Vanuatu, Venezuela
|Sectors||EdTech, Fintech, HealthTech|