Labs by ARM 2.0 is designed to engage post-MVP FinTech startups in a series of activities aimed at exponentially advancing the growth of their companies within a short time frame, and ensuring their investment-readiness. Selected startups will be provided with financial investment, distribution, access to investors and lots more!
We are looking for companies that are post-MVP and operating in the FinTech space in Nigeria. These startups should have a well-rounded, complementary team for product vision (what to build), technology (how to build it), and business (how to make money from it) and should be solving an important problem for a highly-engaged set of customers.
If this is in line with how you think of your business, we’d like to hear from you. Apply before the deadline on 30th December 2019.
What happens at Labs by ARM
During the 12 weeks, we will work intensively with each startup; primarily on product, market and team to get them in the best shape possible. We will provide them with office space, access to the ARM network and carefully selected mentors from the fintech industry who will provide hands-on support and valuable introductions.
OUR SELECTION CRITERIA
Here are the criteria what we are looking
for in the selected startups:
- Should be post-MVP startups
- Should be operating in the FinTech space
- Should be post-revenue
- Founders should have…
- some unique insight or compelling worldview
- deep domain expertise and/or a strong grasp of the landscape
- an eye for detail
- tenacity, high conscientiousness, and a bias towards execution
- Startups should have a well-rounded, complementary team – i.e. in-house capacity for product vision (what to build), technology (how to build it), and business (how to make money from it)
- Startups should be solving an important problem – For a highly-engaged set of customers
Key Areas of Interest are:
Solving problems in customer experience, process automation and improvement (including transaction and customer care response speeds), and operational cost reduction.
Why You Should Apply
- Access to Funding – Direct equity funding for the selected startups worth $20,000 each in equity.
- Co-working Space – Workspace, internet, and other infrastructure.
- Mentorship – Accepted startups enjoy hands-on mentorship from leaders in the FinTech sector.
- Partnerships – Business services provided through partnerships (such as AWS credit, Azure credit, legal services).
- Access to Investors – Startups will get introduced to a network of investors at the end of the program for possible follow-on investments.
- Access to the program’s alumni network – Startups get to meet previous cohort founders and learn from their experience firsthand.
- Call for Application – 18th November 2019 – 30th December 2019
- Top 30 Selection – February 2020
- Top 5 Selection – February 2020
- Acceleration Program – February 2020 – May 2020
- Demo Day – May 2020
|Program dates||Nov 18 - Dec 30, 2019|
|Sectors||EdTech, Fintech, HealthTech|