|Application deadline||May 8|
|Program dates||Jun 1 - 9:00 - Sep 4 - 18:00|
Agribusiness, Business services, Clean technology and energy, Utilities, Construction and manufacturing, Manufacturing, Creative, media and entertainment, Education, Financial services, Healthcare, ICT, Leisure and travel, Retail and wholesale, Consumer non-durables, Transport and logistics, Water, sanitation and hygiene, Cars, Household appliances, Luxury goods and jewelry
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of starting entrepreneurs and their journeys, especially during this critical time of the COVID-19 global pandemic?
Are you an established business professional, entrepreneur, or investor with some time on your hands?
Do you want to be part of the exciting startup ecosystem?
Then, consider becoming a mentor in the VC4A Mentor-Driven Capital Program – Virtual Edition for Lusaka, Zambia from June to September 2020 (exact Zoom session dates TBD).
Take advantage of the first dedicated training program designed for African business professionals keen to guide Africa’s up and coming entrepreneurs to success. The goal of this program is to boost your ability as a high-powered mentor to support entrepreneurs while learning to think and act like a savvy business angel. Angel investing is of course about providing early-stage companies with investment capital, but the expertise, time and network that you, as a business mentor can share with entrepreneurs is also vital to their growth and success.
In this unique mentor program, you will guide promising entrepreneurs to success while you achieve your own level of success. You will receive expert guidance, training and hands-on support. The only thing you need to invest during the program is your valuable time, knowledge and network!
Learn how to virtually engage founders, the rules for mentorship, and how to maximize your impact as a business mentor and potentially as an angel. Share with industry experts, tap industry-leading knowledge, and engage your peers in this hands-on learning journey.
What we offer
Participate in 2 Virtual Mentor-Driven Capital camps that include:
- An introduction to Mentor-Driven Capital
- What makes a good business angel?
- Partnering with Corporates
- Structuring a Corporate Deal
- Thinking like an Angel Investor
- Mentoring a promising startup founder
- Access to group mentor sessions
- Access to mentorship guide
- Access to resident experts on corporate matchmaking & investment readiness
- Access to promising startup companies looking for angel investment
- Profile on VC4A website
- Becoming a certified mentor by completing the VC4A Academy’s mentor course
- VC4A Pro Account (3 months) + access to VC4A Mentorship Marketplace
- Complimentary ticket to theAfrica Early Stage Investor Summit 2020
What we kindly request from you
- You are based in or close to Lusaka
- Senior business professional with multiple years of experience
- Corporate, financial or entrepreneurial background
- Interested in the startup ecosystem and keen to support startup companies
- Can spend at least 4 hours a month mentoring a startup entrepreneur
- Potentially already active as angel investor, and want to improve mentor skills
- Potentially already active as mentor, and want to become an angel investor
- Willing and able to join the virtual mentor camp sessions via Zoom in June and September 2020*
*NOTE: Due to the global COVID-19 pandemic, we are conducting this mentor program virtually for the first time ever. We expect to have 4-5 virtual Zoom sessions of approx. 1 hour each per week in June 2020. You will also get to participate in the newly launched Mentor-Driven capital course on the VC4A Academy and receive a certification of completion, among other things.
Application deadline: Extended to 8 May!
Submit a complete application by 8 May 2020 if you are interested in this program. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview. Contact Melissa Ruggles at melissa [at] vc4a [dot] com if you would like to discuss this opportunity in more detail.
Make a tangible contribution to promising startups, which is especially needed now!
Supported by SAIS
SAIS 2 is a regional initiative that supports the growth of new businesses through strengthening innovation ecosystems and the promotion of cross-border collaboration between innovation role-players in Southern Africa. More information