Clafiya is looking for support with effective marketing strategies that will inform our users on the platform, as well as current and potential stakeholders within the public and p…
|Application deadline||Apr 22|
|Program dates||Apr 26 - 9:00 - Jul 30 - 19:00|
|Organizer||VC4A Service Provider|
Agribusiness, Business services, Clean technology and energy, Utilities, Construction and manufacturing, Creative, media and entertainment, Education, Financial services, Healthcare, ICT, Leisure and travel, Retail and wholesale, Consumer durables, Consumer non-durables, Transport and logistics, Water, sanitation and hygiene, Automotive, Clothing and textiles production, Computer hardware, Electronics, Food production, Furniture
Are you an established business professional, entrepreneur, or investor with some time on your hands?
Do you want to play a bigger role in the exciting startup ecosystem?
Do you want to make a tangible difference in the lives of starting entrepreneurs and their journey?
Then, consider becoming a mentor in the virtual VC4A Mentor-Driven Capital Program.
‘Mentor-driven capital’ is one of VC4A’s approaches to creating value for startup ecosystems around the world. It’s about finding and supporting motivated and experienced mentors – like you – to share your knowledge, experience and network that you’ve acquired over your career with promising entrepreneurs. As you support your mentee on his/her entrepreneurial journey, you get keen insights into the local startup ecosystem and, and hone your own mentoring, business & leadership skills, among other things.
The goal of this program is to boost your ability as a high-powered mentor through the Mentor-Driven Capital framework we’ve developed. You and the selected fellow business leaders will receive expert guidance, training and hands-on support around mentoring, and join interactive sessions on topics like corporate partnership building and angel investing.
The program is open to a maximum of 20 aspiring business mentors in Nigeria, or to those who have strong ties with – and interest in – Nigeria. The only thing you need to invest during the approx. 4-month program is your valuable time, knowledge and network!
Learn how to engage founders, the rules for mentorship, and how to maximize your impact as a business mentor. Share with industry experts, tap industry-leading knowledge, and engage your peers in this hands-on learning journey.
Application deadline: 5 April 2021
Submit a complete application by 5 April if you are interested in this program. Shortlisted candidates will followed up with separately. Contact Melissa Ruggles at melissa [at] vc4a [dot] com if you would like to discuss this opportunity in more detail.
What we offer
- Two (2) Mentor-Driven Capital Bootcamps spread across 4 Zoom sessions covering:
- Introduction to Mentor-Driven Capital
- Mentoring a promising startup
- Partnering with Corporates/Structuring the Corporate Deal
- Thinking/Acting like an Angel Investor
- You also get access to:
- Group mentor reflections
- Mentorship guide and online training materials
- Resident experts on corporate matchmaking & investment readiness
- Promising startup companies looking for angel investment
- In addition:
- A profile on VC4A website for networking and sourcing opportunities
- VC4A Mentorship Marketplace membership to mentor others
- Last but not least: Complimentary access to the Africa Early Stage Investor Summit 2021!
What we kindly request from you
- You are based in Nigeria or closely affiliated with the country
- Senior business professional with multiple years of experience
- Corporate, financial or entrepreneurial background
- Interested in the startup ecosystem and keen to support startup companies
- Can spend 4 hours a month mentoring a startup entrepreneur
- Potentially already active as angel investor, and want to improve mentor skills
- Potentially already active as mentor, and want to become an angel investor
- Willing and able to join the four (4) Zoom bootcamp sessions between end-April and end-July (exact dates TBD)
>> Questions? Or are you an interested entrepreneur? Please contact Melissa: melissa [at] vc4a [.com].
Make a tangible contribution to promising startups and become a business mentor today!
Having a mentor with corporate partnership expertise will enable our healthtech startup to leverage on the key industry players/experts relationship. We believe having a mentor sup…
Hello, My name is Joseph Paul and I was came across this program on VC4A. I’m currently working as Marketing Strategist/CTO at Impeesa Digital Academy, a position I’ve held for ove…
Sound strategy would serve us well this tie around i believe. We want to approach the market with great confidence and target prospective customers effectively. From all our platfo…
MyServiceAgent is focused on acquiring as many B2B customers as possible right now. We need a mentor with deep and diverse industry connections that can facilitate meetings with ke…
Knowledge and practical expertise in full scale launch as well as expansion of BridgingSpace
Having a mentor with sales and marketing experience in international markets will help us restructure our sales process and marketing funnels while addressing loopholes that we may…