VC4A is excited to announce its new Mentor-Driven Capital (MDC) program launching in South Africa, Zambia and Botswana in February 2020, with support from… read more
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of starting entrepreneurs and their journey?
Are you an established business professional, entrepreneur, or investor with some time on your hands?
Do you want to be part of the exciting startup ecosystem?
Then, consider becoming a mentor in the VC4A Mentor-Driven Capital Program in Johannesburg, South Africa from February to May 2020.
Through mentoring, business angels offer more than just money. ‘Mentor-driven capital’ is the approach to creating value for startups by sharing the knowledge, experience and network you’ve built during your career, while also maximizing the return on your investments.
Take advantage of the first dedicated training program designed for African business professionals keen to guide Africa’s up and coming entrepreneurs to success. Angel investing is of course about providing early-stage companies with investment capital, but the expertise and network that you, as a business angel, can share with entrepreneurs is also vital to their growth and success. The goal of this program is to therefore boost your ability as a high-powered mentor to support entrepreneurs while learning to think and act like a savvy business angel.
In this unique mentor program for aspiring business angels, you will guide promising entrepreneurs to success while you achieve your own level of success. You will receive expert guidance, training and hands-on support. The only thing you need to invest during the program is your valuable time, knowledge and network!
Learn how to engage founders, the rules for mentorship, and how to maximize your impact as a business angel. Share with industry experts, tap industry-leading knowledge, and engage your peers in this hands-on learning journey.
What we offer
Participate in 2 Mentor-Driven Capital Bootcamps, covering topics including:
- Introduction to Mentor Driven Capital
- What makes a good business angel?
- Partnering with Corporates
- Structuring the Corporate Deal
- Starting as an Angel Investor
- Valuations and Term Sheets
- Mentor a promising startup
- Access to peer group mentor sessions
- Access to mentorship guide and online training materials
- Access to resident experts on corporate matchmaking & investment readiness
- Access to promising startup companies looking for angel investment
- Profile on VC4A website
- VC4A Pro Account (3 months) + access to VC4A Mentorship Marketplace
- Complimentary access to the Africa Early Stage Investor Summit 2020
What we kindly request from you
- You are based in or close to Johannesburg
- Senior business professional with multiple years of experience
- Corporate, financial or entrepreneurial background
- Interested in the startup ecosystem and keen to support startup companies
- Can spend 4 hours a month mentoring a startup entrepreneur
- Potentially already active as angel investor, and want to improve mentor skills
- Potentially already active as mentor, and want to become an angel investor
- Willing and able to join the two full-day mentor camps in February and May 2020
Application deadline December 15
Submit a complete application by December 15 2019 if you are interested in this program. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview. Contact Melissa Ruggles at melissa [at] vc4a [dot] com if you would like to discuss this opportunity in more detail.
Make a tangible contribution to promising startups and become a business angel today!
Supported by SAIS
SAIS 2 is a regional initiative that supports the growth of new businesses through strengthening innovation ecosystems and promotion of cross-border collaboration between innovation role-players in Southern Africa. More information
|Feb 11 - May 31, 2020
AI Recruitment Platform that connects employers with jobseekers.
|HR and recruitment
Te Amo Properties ltd (pty)
Your property journey, our care.
|Big data, Business services, Real estate
End to End ICT Provider
|Adtech, ICT, Machine learning
Your Health is our top priority
Better leads. Converted better.
|Adtech, Insurance, Software as a Service
Changing the way people eat, one crop at a time.
|Agribusiness, Agritech, Food production
We provide telecommunication infrastructure services and
Honest care connects you to better childcare
Compidon is a technology innovation company.
Looking for Experienced High-Tech Start-Up Mentor with Global Experien…
We’re looking for an experienced high-tech start-up mentor, preferably with global or high level experience. Preferably someone that h…
Mentor request for Fixed Telecommunication ISP for African Market
We are requesting a mentor who can help in scaling the Internet service provision model for the new market. A mentor who can guide… read mor…
Te Amo is looking for a mentor who has deep working knowledge of analytics and knowledge of the marketplace especially within the property i…
Pretoria-based tech innovation company with e-hailing solution seeks s…
I need guidance into insight and exposure in the startup ecosystem. I want to personally absorb information and provide feedback based on my…
South Africa-based job-seeking platform would like a mentor to help us…
ejoobi’s mission is to connect all job seekers with potential employers and recruiters in Africa. We seek a mentor who can help us refine… r…