The year 2021 has proved exceptionally successful for African startups, drawing more record-breaking fundraising deals than all of 2019 and 2020 combined. By early… read more
CALLING FOR DISRUPTIVE SCALE-UPS LOOKING TO RAISE BETWEEN $250K AND $5M.
We’re looking for 8 innovative, high-growth scale-ups to showcase at Africa Early Stage Investor Summit on Nov 11-12 in Cape Town. Are you operating in Africa, generating revenue and looking to raise your Series A round in the range of $250K and $5M? This is the opportunity you’ve been looking for!
WHAT WE OFFER
- All expenses paid trip to Cape Town on Nov 9-16, 2018
- 3 min pitch in front of 300+ investors at the Africa Early Stage Investor Summit
- 20 min deep-dive session with investors in a private room
- Two days of networking with investors, including Speaker Cocktail and Industry Leaders dinner
- Mentorship and pitch training by partner VC investors
- Opportunity to attend and pitch at partner events AfricaCom and AfricArena
- Your company is for-profit and registered as an independent legal entity;
- You have a product or service available on the market and generate revenue;
- Your product or service is clearly innovative and/or your business model is new, disruptive and designed for scale;
- You have a very strong management team of at least 3 people;
- Your team is based in one or more countries on the African continent;
- You are seeking Series A investment in the range of $250K – $5M;
- While there will be exceptions, most likely your startup has already received external investment, structured as either debt or equity, or received grants from donor organizations.
OUR SELECTION CRITERIA
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU
- Engage with assigned mentors (partner VC investors) and VC4A team to prepare your 3-minute and 20-minute presentations, as well as 2-pagers with investor data as part of the deal book;
- Be prepared to travel to Cape Town in the period of November 9-16, 2018 to attend the Africa Early Stage Investor Summit and be part of the VC4A Venture Showcase.
MEET AFRICA’S LEADING INVESTORS
Investors attending last year’s edition:
|Program dates||Nov 9 - Nov 16, 2018|
Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Côte d'Ivoire, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Northern Africa, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Tanzania, United Republic of, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Improve the way we move
|South Africa||Computer software, Mobile, Transport and logistics|
The best of African talent
|Ethiopia||Education, Software as a Service|
The place to go to outsource research experiements online
|Egypt||Biotechnology and medical research, Pharmaceutical…|