URBUNX is a startup and scaleup acceleration program designed to enable African entrepreneurs to create sustainable solutions to urban challenges. After a rigorous selection… read more
|Date||Nov 19, 2020: 14:00 - 16:30 •|
|Organizer||URBUNX Initiative Accelerator|
Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Côte d'Ivoire, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Tanzania, United Republic of, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Northern Africa, Eastern Asia
|Sectors||Information technology, Logistics, Manufacturing|
URBUNX is a startup and scaleup acceleration program designed to enable African entrepreneurs to create sustainable solutions to urban challenges. The initiative will support local African founders through our knowledge, network & resources to scale globally with a particular focus on the Chinese market.
To kick-start the program in Africa, URBUNX launched our first URBUNX Basecamp supported by World Bank & UN-Habitat to give a quick boost to startups looking to scale and/ or raise their next round of funding.
Demo day which will take place on the 19th of November is the culmination of the URBUNX Basecamp for our Cohort 1 startups. The startups will demo their ventures to all investment and ecosystem partners in attendance.
Who should sign up to attend Demo Day?
- Individuals looking to listen to a demo of 12 changemakers using technology and business innovation to solve critical societal challenges across the continent.
- Startups looking to be art of the 2nd cohort of the URBUNX Basecamp.
- Startups interested on learning more about URBUNX and the URBUNX Basecamp.
- Investment partners looking to connect with startups using technology and business innovation to solve critical societal challenges across the continent.
- Investment partners seeking to connect with startups in Africa with a focus on urban issues such as, but not limited to, inclusive urban finance, urban manufacturing and industrialization, urban basic services, and urban climate change responses.
- Investment partners interested in connecting with startups with traction in their home market and a strong demonstration of product-market fit.
- Partners seeking to connect with startups ready to raise their next round of funding.
Digitizing Africa Education System by unleashing the power of Data.
|Tanzania, United Republic of||E-learning, Education, ICT||Startup stage|
Affordable Clean Energy
|Nigeria||Clean technology and energy, Manufacturing, Waste …||Growth stage|
Africa's largest platform connecting waste and recycling actors.
|South Africa||Smart city solutions, Waste management and recycli…||Startup stage|
Promoting and digitizing small scale farmers in Africa
|Kenya||Agritech, Blockchain, Mobile||Growth stage|
A health-tech leader in East Africa
|Ethiopia||Healthcare providers and services||Growth stage|
Rental financing platform
|Nigeria||Financial services, Real estate||Startup stage|
Go Ads Africa
Buy online and offline ads on one platform.
Digital services for the cash economy
|Kenya||Fintech, Retail||Startup stage|
Purpose In Every Drop
|South Africa||Clean technology, Nanotech, Water treatment||Growth stage|
Sustainable Mobility for Africa
|Kenya||Public transport, Transport and logistics||Startup stage|
|Kenya||Information technology, Internet, Public transport||Startup stage|
Extrafin Advisory Technologies
Helping build small businesses today, global corporations’ tomorrow
|Nigeria||Agribusiness, Business services, Fintech||Growth stage|