URBUNX is a startup and scaleup acceleration program designed to enable African entrepreneurs to create sustainable solutions to urban challenges. After a rigorous selection… read more
URBUNX is a startup and scaleup acceleration program designed to enable African entrepreneurs to create sustainable solutions to urban challenges. The initiative will support local African founders through our knowledge, network & resources to scale globally with a particular focus on the Chinese market.
To kick-start the program in Africa, URBUNX launched our first URBUNX Basecamp supported by World Bank & UN-Habitat to give a quick boost to startups looking to scale and/ or raise their next round of funding.
Demo day which will take place on the 19th of November is the culmination of the URBUNX Basecamp for our Cohort 1 startups. The startups will demo their ventures to all investment and ecosystem partners in attendance.
Who should sign up to attend Demo Day?
- Individuals looking to listen to a demo of 12 changemakers using technology and business innovation to solve critical societal challenges across the continent.
- Startups looking to be art of the 2nd cohort of the URBUNX Basecamp.
- Startups interested on learning more about URBUNX and the URBUNX Basecamp.
- Investment partners looking to connect with startups using technology and business innovation to solve critical societal challenges across the continent.
- Investment partners seeking to connect with startups in Africa with a focus on urban issues such as, but not limited to, inclusive urban finance, urban manufacturing and industrialization, urban basic services, and urban climate change responses.
- Investment partners interested in connecting with startups with traction in their home market and a strong demonstration of product-market fit.
- Partners seeking to connect with startups ready to raise their next round of funding.
Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Côte d'Ivoire, Djibouti, Eastern Asia, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Northern Africa, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Tanzania, United Republic of, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
|Sectors||EdTech, HealthTech, Information technology, Logistics, Manufacturing|
Digitizing Africa Education through Technology, Data and Finance.
|Tanzania, United Republic of||E-learning, Education, Educational services||Startup stage|
Africa's largest platform connecting waste and recycling actors.
|South Africa||Smart city solutions, Waste management and recycli…||Startup stage|
Promoting and digitizing small scale farmers in Africa
|Kenya||Agritech, Blockchain, Mobile||Growth stage|
A health-tech leader in East Africa
|Ethiopia||Healthcare providers and services||Growth stage|
Rental financing platform
|Nigeria||Financial services, Real estate||Startup stage|
Affordable Clean Energy
|Nigeria||Clean technology and energy, Manufacturing, Waste …||Growth stage|
Go Ads Africa
Buy online and offline ads on one platform.
Digital services for the cash economy
|Kenya||Fintech, Retail||Startup stage|
Sustainable Mobility for Africa
|Kenya||Public transport, Transport and logistics||Startup stage|
Purpose In Every Drop
|South Africa||Clean technology, Nanotech, Water treatment||Growth stage|
|Kenya||Information technology, Internet, Public transport||Startup stage|
Extrafin Advisory Technologies
Helping build small businesses today, global corporations’ tomorrow
|Nigeria||Agribusiness, Business services, Fintech||Growth stage|