Win USD 70,000 and great support to setup project in Mauritius.
Turbine incubator is delighted to launch its first Open Innovation Challenge to promote the Moka Smart City
Project; with a subject that matters all of us / focusing on Mobility, a determinant factor for a city and its
citizens well being.
What are the challenges of Moka in terms of Mobility?
Moka Smart City is looking for solutions that will:
- Connect effectively the new areas of the growing city with the existing parts (and existing transport modes)
- Develop mobility options in the city for public transport users and drivers, with a positive impact on traffic congestion.
- Reinforce the innovative and citizen-oriented approach of the city
Share your solution and the ways it will lead us to a more sustainable future
Some Ideas of sustainable mobility solutions…
- Autonomous vehicles
- Personal mobility
- Shared mobility (including ridesharing solutions)
- Smart parking solutions
- On-demand solutions
- Transport integration platforms
- Asset sharing or vehicle rental
- Environmentally sustainable mobility equipment
- Multimodal transport solutions
- Your start-up is for profit, registered and up to date with all your local compliance and governance requirements.
- You have a mobility-related product or service available in the market (your home market or another one in Africa) right now, with demonstrated tangible traction and evidence of clients and revenue.
- You have a strong management team, consisting of at least 3 people and you have the resources to deploy a team in Mauritius to implement the project.
- You or one of your senior team members is able to travel to Mauritius in July 2019 (exact dates to be confirmed) to meet with the selection committee and partners, if you are shortlisted.
- Your team is based in either France, Kenya, Madagascar, Mauritius, Nigeria, Reunion, Rwanda, Singapore, South Africa, Ivory Coast or Sweden.
- You have the potential to achieve scale into multiple markets.
- You are willing to establish a Mauritius entity or subsidiary and actively engage with the local start-up community.
- While there will be exceptions, most likely your startup has already received investment capital, structured as either debt or equity, or received grants from donor organizations.
Taking part in Moka Smart City challenge offers you a range of opportunities, take your chance and share your ready-made smart solution.
- 12 months exclusivity contract with Moka Smart City.
- USD 40 000 by Compass Venture Capital.
- Mentoring and guidance by PwC Partners.
- Co-working space and support from Turbine Incubator
- USD 30,000 financial support over a period of 12 months by Moka Smart City.
- Regulation advise from ENS Africa team
- Introductions to ventures and investors in Mauritius
- Return Flight Tickets to Mauritius and Accommodation.
- Applications open: Monday, 29 April 2019
- General challenge webinar: 14th of June 2019
- Regulations webinar: 14th of June 2019
- Applications close: Monday, 24th of June 2019 (12pm GMT)
- Shortlisted candidates announced: 30th of June 2019
- Start-up Pitch at Turbine: July 2019
|Application deadline||June 24|
|Program dates||June 14 - July 30, 2019|
|Targets||Côte d'Ivoire, France, Kenya, Madagascar, Mauritius, Nigeria, Réunion, Rwanda, Singapore, South Africa, Sweden|
|Sectors||Biofuels, Clean technology, Clean technology and energy, Environmental services, Green transportation and electric motors, Personal transport, Public transport, Renewable energy, Transport and logistics|