The TechAccel Programme is a fully-funded program that runs from June to August 2020. Join, to take the next step in the development of your entrepreneurial journey.
The purpose of the TechAccel Programme is to support Black tech entrepreneurs through incubation, development support, training, coaching and mentorship in order to assist them to create sustainable business models and scale their entities.
The ideal candidate for the program is a growth entrepreneur who:
- Already has an existing company that offers IT solutions
- Has an already existing footprint with large clients
- Is earning between R3m and R10m per annum in revenue from these clients
- Has the opportunity to increase their own offering or products to these corporates
- Through learning about and getting certified in, can have the opportunity to resell IBM solutions
The program will also consider entrepreneurs who:
- Are creating new innovations in tech products using new tech like Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Cloud, Blockchain, Internet of Things, etc
- Are solving current and relevant problems
- May not necessarily have started generating income yet
- Can show the potential for scale (this must be shown at application stage)
- Can also get trained and certified in IBM solutions
- Only BBB-EE candidates will be considered
Through the program, training and coaching will be provided for Black entrepreneurs with outstanding tech solutions and businesses.
- The program aims to create an environment where participants can connect with other Tech startup founders and support them in further developing their entrepreneurial skills and their business network.
- Participants will also get to meet successful entrepreneurs, investors, and senior personnel at IBM South Africa.
- Throughout the program, the participants will have the chance to develop their businesses and discuss challenges with a mentor as well as with fellow participants in a peer mentoring group
The program ends with a Pitching competition where the winner will be awarded an investment. To win the competition, the entrepreneur must demonstrate:
- How the R500k investment will be used to grow their business
- A growth trajectory which must be based on predictable financials, demonstrating an increase in revenue
- Part of the growth trajectory which must include their technology requirements (internal operations and product scaling)
- Why the judging panel IBM must invest in their development and offer the prize to the business.
Closing Date for applications is 15 May 2020 at 23:59
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted on 19 May 2020
The program runs from 2 June 2020 to 31 August 2020