shaping the future of insurance…
thehatch InsurTech hackathon is an ‘invention marathon’ that brings together individuals with interest in technology to discover, learn and build InsurTech products in 48 hours.
The maiden edition of the thehatch hackathon aims to proffer smart solutions to the insurance industry using web/mobile technologies. Participants are expected to present innovative and cutting edge products that push the limits of existing technologies. Selected individuals with unique & innovative applications stand a chance to win fantastic cash prizes amongst other benefits.
thehatch, an Inlaks Innovation Lab is organizing her first hackathon event and the successful participants will be required to develop solutions that will address:
- A major challenge in the insurance sector.
- Payment Innovation to optimize the current insurance payment system.
- Valuable collaboration with Stakeholders/Partners: – Insurance companies, Banks, Fintechs, etc.
- The overall objective of this first edition is to discover any digital or technology-driven solution that solves a problem in the insurance sector.
Intending participants will be required to develop solutions that are: Innovative, viable, feasible and unique. The solutions developed must also be:
- Timesaving and safe for use
- User-friendly, scalable and secure
- Convenient and versatile
WHO SHOULD APPLY
Participation is open to individuals across Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya & Ethiopia involved in/working as:
- Software developers,
- Fintech Startups
- Insurtech Experts
- The idea must leverage web or mobile technology to solve a problem in the insurance industry.
- Teams must consist of at least two team members to a maximum of four members.
- Participants and their teams must be 18 and above.
- The participant’s application must be their original work or idea.
- Participants can use free and open source resources available on the internet.
- Participants must ensure that the personal information provided upon registration online is true and accurate.
- In the event that the idea/solution relates to payment, the participant should use the payment API provided by Inlaks.
- This application is only open to individuals from Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya and Ethiopia.
- Glitch-free application process.
- Market viable Ideas.
- Insurtech based solution.
- The novelty of the invented application.
- The Idea must be worth further investment.
Winner: $5,500 USD
First Runner up: $4,000 USD
Second Runner up: $2,750 USD ** Terms & conditions Apply**
Saturday, July 27th & Sunday 28th, 2019
Adeola Hopewell Street,
Victoria Island, Lagos.