The Deji Alli ARM Young Talent Award is an ARM initiative in partnership with TechnoVision that aims at providing young Nigerians with an opportunity to develop start-up ventures that add meaningful value to the Nation’s economy.
The DAAYTA 2020 initiative is in line with ARM’s commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) with the aim of building a generation of change leaders, working together to build a better future. The DAAYTA Initiative seeks to support business ideas that intentionally create positive societal impact while generating a financial return.
The DAAYTA program was inaugurated by ARM in 2015 in honour of its founding CEO to promote lifelong learning by aiding young Nigerian graduates and undergraduates bring their ideas to life.
Applicants to the DAAYTA 2020 program are required to propose practical solutions with a credible business plan for profit-making ventures that have the potential of generating significant, measurable and sustainable social impact while tackling the specific challenges identified.
After the deadline has passed and we have assessed the applications received, shortlisted candidates, will be contacted to pitch their business ideas to a closed group of business professionals, entrepreneurs and investors in Lagos, in February & March 2020.
Are there focus areas for DAAYTA 2020?
We are looking for great ideas that could be related but not limited to Agriculture, Education, Healthcare, Housing, and Transportation.
It is important to note that all DAAYTA 2020 events will be held in Lagos, Nigeria. However, ideas are welcomed from applicants in any part of Nigeria.
To be eligible for the award, the applicant must:
- be a citizen of Nigeria
- be between 18 and 30 years of age
- submit their application which must be their original work
- have an MVP (minimum viable product) i.e. you have customers
- be able to fund his/her/team travel expenses and other associated costs
- be physically available (with co-founders/team where they exist) for the 2-day Pitch Workshop and Final Pitch Event scheduled for February & March, 2020 in Lagos, Nigeria
- understand the business of ARM, what we stand for; and
- be ready to represent ARM as an Ambassador
Deadline for Submission: November 17th, 2019
The second stage of the programme will require 30 shortlisted applicants to submit a POEM framework business plan, a marketing/pitching video, detailed profiles of their board (directors & advisers), and team members, sharing their Education, Careers, Key Accomplishments and LinkedIn profiles.
The winner of DAAYTA 2020 shall, subject to the Terms & Conditions, receive funding of ₦12,000,000 over a period of one year for the following purposes:
- develop their business plan.
- complete an entrepreneurial education at the Pan Atlantic University’s Enterprise Development Centre in Lagos, Nigeria
- receive a 5-month acceleration support for the development of their venture through by a reputable entrepreneurial hub in Lagos, Nigeria.
Click HERE to read about:
- The ARM Group & Subsidiaries
- Previous DAAYTA event videos, pictures etc.
- The POEM Framework
- Preparing for the DAAYTA Pitch Event
Kindly refer to the Terms and Conditions for more details.
Read about the DAAYTA 2019 winner HERE.
Established in 1994 as an asset management firm, Asset & Resource Management Holding Company Limited (ARM) has evolved into one of Nigeria’s most innovative and respected non-bank financial institutions with a focus on Traditional Asset Management and Specialized Funds. ARM is a leading investment management firm that provide a diverse range of asset management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, foundations and charities, high net-worth individuals, and small savers. See https://www.arm.com.ng/ for more details.
TechnoVision is the brand name for TechnoVision Communications Limited a technology services company which advises clients on technology-led transformation and early-stage entrepreneurship in Africa. See http://tvcng.com/ for more details.