The SiMODiSA Association has been established as a powerful industry led initiative to specifically address – and determine – what can be done to overcome the barriers that SMEs and start-ups face. It is critical to address these barriers, such as access to capital, access to markets, access to talent and the lack of supportive enabling environments, in order to catalyse supportive ecosystems where such businesses can grow and thrive.
SiMODiSA represents a collaborative research, stakeholder engagement and policy design effort by key stakeholders from both the public and private sector in South Africa. It aims to define concrete actions for defined regulatory and policy amendments in order to ensure the objective of entrepreneurial business growth and venture capital industry development is realised in South Africa.
In short, our aims are:
- To get government and private sector to work together to catalyze entrepreneurship
- Reduce the cost and red tape in starting a business
- Build a robust, entrepreneurial and innovative economy
- Increase the success rate and number of startups
- Promote and amplify entrepreneurship / startups
- Support well paying job and high skill creation
- And operate in-line with National Development Plan
|138 West Street, Sandown, Sandton, South Africa
Retail and wholesale, Agribusiness, Automotive, Banking, Clean technology, Computer hardware, Computer software, Construction, Creative, media and entertainment, Diversified services, E-commerce, EdTech, Education, Electronics, Financial services, Food and beverage, Healthcare, HealthTech, Insurance, Internet, Leisure and travel, Manufacturing, Mobile, Real estate, Renewable energy, Telecom, Transport and logistics, Utilities, Waste management and recycling, Water, sanitation and hygiene