She Leads Africa has announced twenty early stage businesses accepted into the 2017 SLA Accelerator. This year, the program will be held in Lagos,… read more
She Leads Africa Accelerator 2017Accelerator program for early stage, women led startups in Nigeria
The SLA Accelerator is a 3-month program designed to identify, support and fund the next generation of Nigeria’s brightest female entrepreneurs. The winner of the programme will receive N2 million from SLA.
This year, the programme will take place in three locations: Lagos (Island and Mainland), Abuja and Kaduna.
- 3 months intensive training on business and operational skills
- Online and offline learning resources
- Exclusive access and mentorship from some of Nigeria’s leading business personalities
- Opportunity to pitch your business in front of local and international investors
- Features in local and international media
What’s the process?
- Put together a top notch application package, ace the semi-final interviews and get selected by the review committee.
- Spend 1 boot camp week being trained by the SLA team and connecting with some of Nigeria’s most prominent business and operational experts.
- Attend bi-weekly meet ups with the other participants in your location. Complete bi-weekly online workshops.
- Join us in Lagos for your pitch opportunity in November. Pitch your business to a room of local and international investors and media.
Previous SLA entrepreneurs have been featured on Forbes and CNN and received brand endorsements after pitch day. In total they’ve gone on to raise $1 million, have been invested in by members of 500 startups and a lucky few even got to pitch to Aliko Dangote himself.
- Business with at least one woman aged 18-35 as a shareholder or owner
- Abuja: Retail/E-Commerce companies only
- Kaduna: Agribusiness companies only
- Lagos Island: Creatives companies only
- Lagos Mainland: Technology companies only
- Less than 3 years in operations
|Application deadline||June 25|
|Program dates||August 28 - November 17, 2017|
|Organizer||She Leads Africa Foundation / Non-profit|
|Sectors||Agribusiness, Clean technology, Computer hardware, Computer software, Creative, media and entertainment, E-commerce, Leisure and travel, Retail, Specialty retail|