Community Solar Innovation Awards 2017Recognizes and supports outstanding eco-inclusive enterprises in solar sector
|Application deadline||Aug 23|
|Program dates||Jun 21, 2017 - Mar 31, 2018|
|Organizer||SEED Competition Organizer|
Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Côte d'Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Réunion, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, United Republic of, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Hogan Lovells has opened the call for applications for the ‘Community Solar Innovation Awards 2017’ for eco-inclusive solar enterprises from developing countries until 16 August 2017.
Does your business or not-for-profit organization use solar energy or solar technology to improve the lives of poor communities, especially for women and girls?
Is it eco-inclusive, delivering environmental and social benefits?Does it involve and meet the needs of local communities?
Does it need financial and business support in order to meet its full potential?
About the Awards:
Who can Apply?
- Demonstrate entrepreneurship and innovation
- Application of solar technology in a productive way
- Have the intention and potential to become financially sustainable
- Be locally-driven or locally-led
- Deliver social, environmental and economic benefits
- Main activities and origin in non-OECD country and non-EU member state
- Entrants cannot be accepted who are sanctioned parties or from sanctioned countries prohibited by the laws of the United Kingdom, the United States, or other applicable jurisdictions.
How to Apply?
- Stage 1: Submission of the application form – before 16 August 2017, 23:59 CET
- Stage 2: Selection of shortlisted applicants – end of September 2017
- Stage 3: Submission of Additional information – mid-October 2017
- Stage 4: Winner Selection – December 2017Stage 5: Award Ceremony – March 2018