Hogan Lovells has opened the call for applications for the ‘Community Solar Innovation Awards 2017’ for eco-inclusive solar enterprises from developing countries until 16 August 2017.
Does your business or not-for-profit organization use solar energy or solar technology to improve the lives of poor communities, especially for women and girls?
Is it eco-inclusive, delivering environmental and social benefits?Does it involve and meet the needs of local communities?
Does it need financial and business support in order to meet its full potential?
If the answer is “yes” to the above then APPLY NOW for the Hogan Lovells Community Solar Innovation Awards 2017.
About the Awards:
The Hogan Lovells Community Solar Innovation Awards 2017 seek to recognize and reward outstanding eco-inclusive businesses and not-for-profit organizations in developing countries that use solar energy or technologies to benefit lives in poor communities. Judges will be looking for businesses which are locally-led and significantly improve the lives of women and girls, particularly those which focus on gender equality or female empowerment.
Winning enterprises will receive a tailor-made business support package including: up to USD30,000-worth of legal advice from Hogan Lovells; peer networking; one-on-one support and mentorship to develop business and financial plans; and support from SEED to replicate their business model in other regions around the world. Hogan Lovells will also provide USD10,000 to one overall winner to cover the organization’s most pressing needs.
Who can Apply?
The Judges welcome business and not-for-profit entrants from developing nations around the world.
- Demonstrate entrepreneurship and innovation
- Application of solar technology in a productive way
- Have the intention and potential to become financially sustainable
- Be locally-driven or locally-led
- Deliver social, environmental and economic benefits
- Main activities and origin in non-OECD country and non-EU member state
- Entrants cannot be accepted who are sanctioned parties or from sanctioned countries prohibited by the laws of the United Kingdom, the United States, or other applicable jurisdictions.
Click Here to know more about the eligibility criteria.
How to Apply?
All eligible enterprises can apply by registering and filling the Online Application Form.
Complete the PDF Application Form and send us to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 16 August 2017
- Stage 1: Submission of the application form – before 16 August 2017, 23:59 CET
- Stage 2: Selection of shortlisted applicants – end of September 2017
- Stage 3: Submission of Additional information – mid-October 2017
- Stage 4: Winner Selection – December 2017Stage 5: Award Ceremony – March 2018
For any queries related to the Awards and application process please contact us via email@example.com.
The awards are sponsored by Hogan Lovells and implemented by adelphi, with outreach support managed by SEED and Barefoot College.
August 23, 2017
|Program dates||Jun 21, 2017 - Mar 31, 2018|
Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Côte d'Ivoire, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Northern Africa, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Tanzania, United Republic of, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe