RAIN is the first organized angel investors network in Rwanda that seeks to promote angel investing culture and grow innovative start-ups in Rwanda.
The network acts as a vehicle to generate deal opportunities, facilitates, and manages investments. The network operates in Rwanda, and targets start-ups based and operate in Rwanda.
The network is managed by SSC Capital, as a manager-managed network.
Who is an angel investor?
- Is an individual who provides risky capital in exchange of equity ownership or offers small amount convertible debt
- In addition to capital, he/she also offers mentorship and share of business network
- We are extending the definition to include institutional investors
Objectives of the network
- To promote the culture of angel investing in Rwanda.
- To support innovation in Rwanda through investing in, and mentoring innovative start-ups
- To provide investment opportunities in start-ups for investors with above-the-average risk appetite
- To promote and strengthen the angel investing ecosystem in Rwanda.
- To prepare potential deals for PE/VCs through follow-on financing/exits of AIs