|Application deadline||Apr 30|
|Organizer||Platinum Africa Solutions|
|Location||Accra, Greater Accra Region, Ghana|
Agribusiness, Business services, Clean technology and energy, Utilities, Construction and manufacturing, Manufacturing, Creative, media and entertainment, Education, Financial services, Healthcare, ICT, Leisure and travel, Retail and wholesale, Consumer non-durables, Transport and logistics, Water, sanitation and hygiene, Cars, Household appliances, Luxury goods and jewelry
About the Challenge
One of the major challenges of startups, in general, is funding. On the other hand, some of the pressing issues that startups are faced with are mismanagement of resources and lack of expertise.
A lot of startups and businesses wind up due to lack of training, experience and strategies to properly manage funds and other resources; and this is where we find an opportunity with the 5K Challenge.
The 5K Challenge is a business challenge thrown to tertiary students between ages 18-35, where selected participants are tasked to go through a series of activities to nurture their startup or business ideas into reality.
In the end, three winners with an innovative and viable business idea carry home the winning title and the seed-investment of GH₵ 5,000 to implement their business ideas.
- Mut be a Tertiary Student
- Must have a business idea that can solve one or many of the problems we face in Ghana, which can be started with GH₵5,000
- Must be between 1B-35 years of age
- Proposed business must be operating in Ghana
- Proposed business may be an idea or may already be in operation
- Be willing to undergo training & mentorship and be present during all phases of the project.
- Have a business idea that is sustainable and has the potential to grow and expand
INDUSTRIES WE ARE LOOKING OUT FOR:
- Agriculture Food
- Technology & ICT
- Retail & Manufacturing
- Others as stated by applicants