IKEA Social EntrepreneurshipWe are looking for 12 social enterprises working in Chile, Colombia, Peru and Brazil.
|Application deadline||Dec 18|
|Program dates||Jan 3 - Mar 31|
|Targets||Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Peru|
Agribusiness, Business services, Clean technology and energy, Utilities, Construction and manufacturing, Creative, media and entertainment, Education, Financial services, Healthcare, ICT, Leisure and travel, Retail and wholesale, Consumer durables, Consumer non-durables, Transport and logistics, Water, sanitation and hygiene, Automotive, Clothing and textiles production, Computer hardware, Electronics, Food production, Furniture
|SDG||1. No Poverty, 12. Responsible Consumption and Production, 8. Decent Work and Economic Growth|
NESST together with IKEA Social Entrepreneurship have joined forces to support 12 social enterprises working in Chile, Colombia, Peru and Brazil.
Applications open until December 18.
Features to Consider
By means of this call we will select social enterprises that show potential to scale your business and its social and environmental impact. Additionally, they will be considered companies with a lack of financing options due to the high impact nature of the company and opportunity for NESsT-IKEA to add value.
Potential to generate employment, placements, or improve income for a minimum of 100-200 vulnerable groups over the next 3 years.
Support for communities of interest:
- Young people at risk
- Ethnic minorities
- Small producers
- People with disabilities
Clear growth opportunity
An attractive product/service with evidence of demand for one or more of the following ways:
- Market that is expanding, or opportunity to enter a new market (customer segment, new geographic area, etc.).
- Opportunity to double your sales over the next 18-24 months.
- Not yet in balance, potential to reach it and become profitable in the next 18-24 months.
Background to the social enterprise
Competent management team, with strong ethical values (preference to teams with a minimum of 4-6 people)
- Sales between USD 100 thousand to 2.5 million annually
- Well-regarded/respected company/team integrated in your local community
- Available instrument type: donations and recoverable donations (equivalent to soft, long-term, interest-free loans, among other features)
- Social enterprise amount range: USD 20,000-50,000.
- Examples of financing use:
- Business model validation
- Product/service improvement
- Definition/improvement/installation of the operations model
- Expansion of sales and marketing capacity
- Establishing systems to track social impact