The Y-Lab Foundry is designed to enable aspiring individuals and teams to come together and be guided to ideate and pitch product innovations for the Art & Culture sector. Up to 25 teams will be shortlisted to participate in the Foundry Bootcamp and 5 of these teams can look forward to gain access to the Y-Lab’s Product Innovation Lab.
Y-Lab seeks to be an innovation hub for start-ups, patrons, museum professionals, investors, culture sector talents and visitors alike to co-create the future of cultural production and consumption in Singapore and beyond.
Art x Tech
Our goal is to bring together artists and technologists and empower them with knowledge, insights and resources to create their own ArtTech focus innovations that enhance the Art, Visitor and Work experience.
Shortlisted participants will go through our 3-days Foundry Bootcamp to learn how to build their solution through our pool of resources of knowledge at the end of the 3-days.
Access the Gallery space and have a chance to showcase your ideas there.
Art x Tech Network:
Meet like-minded and diverse individuals with art, technology and business backgrounds. Finally, pitch to our network of investors to take your startup to the next stage on Pitch Day.
Prizes For Top Teams
Up to 5 teams!
- Up to 6 months of showcase space, tapping into the Gallery’s visitorship & potentially accessing seed funding.
- Y-Lab’s Exclusive Arts Immersion Program to initiate team with the Arts and Culture sector.
- One year Gallery Membership for free access to exhibitions, as well as programs and F&B discounts.
- AWS cloud credits worth USD 5,000.
- Sentient.io AI micro-services credit worth USD 1,000.
- Access to a panel of mentors in both domains of Art and Technology.
- Portfolio Building: Develop credibility and legitimacy of the product, should it complete the pilot project with the Gallery and/or the broader museum sector and have that as one of the use cases that can be cited publicly.
- 12 months complimentary subscription to Deskera Startup Package.
- Reassemble 1 hour of free UX Design consultation session.
- Google Cloud Platform credits up to USD 300.
We welcome individuals or teams with the following criteria. Applicants that don’t necessarily meet all the criteria but have solutions that merit considerations are still welcome to apply.
- Team: Have a team of at least 1-5 full time persons working on the project with the passion to drive innovation in Art, Visitor and Work experience. We encourage you to onboard members with complementary skill sets and are dedicated to putting in the time and resources to bringing your idea to life.
- Idea: Have a thought-out product or service concept. Maturity level may range from drawing board level to years of iteration to desired level of usability i.e. may be technically functioning, but lacking in artistic/design elements to create rapid adoption.
- Commitment: You are available to attend the key dates of the program if you are shortlisted. Most of the program will be held virtually while the pitch day on 26 January 2021 will be held in person. Individuals or teams located overseas will be given the option to pitch virtually.
- Relevance: The project has relevance for Y-Lab stakeholders, meaning it will help further the goals of the Art and Culture Sector and/or have significant commercial potential.