Naspers Foundry is a South Africa-focused start-up funding initiative that helps talented and ambitious South African technology entrepreneurs develop and grow businesses that improve people’s daily lives.
- ZAR 1.4 billion over 3 years to back and support South Africa-focused technology start-ups
- Stimulating the South African start-up ecosystem, building the technology businesses of the future
- Boosting local economies and creating jobs and opportunities for South Africans
At Naspers we believe that when we invest in an entrepreneur, we are able to bring much more to the table than just funding. We understand what it’s like to build and grow tech businesses, and we share that knowledge to help them succeed. We also recognise the important role that local businesses can play in boosting local economies, which in turn boosts the wider South African economy. That’s why a significant portion of the Naspers Foundry investment will be focused on black-owned South African start-ups.
Helping South African entrepreneurs build great tech businesses:
- Our investment extends beyond capital – we will proactively engage with founding teams to help them grow and scale their operations.
- Naspers’ global portfolio offers a powerful launchpad for later stage start-ups.
- Naspers’ international expertise and global network can help later-stage start-ups accelerate their growth.
- Naspers is a long-term investor which invests with a long-term view.
Africa, Antarctica Region, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Europe, Fiji, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Kiribati, Mexico, Micronesia (Federated States of), Nauru, Nicaragua, Northern America, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Suriname, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tuvalu, Uruguay, Vanuatu, Venezuela
EdTech, Financial services, Fintech, Food and beverage, HealthTech, Logistics, Transport and logistics