|Application deadline||Jul 20|
|Program dates||Jun 15 - 9:00 - Nov 30, 2020 - 18:00|
|Organizer||MIX Foundation / Non-profit|
Fiji, Kiribati, Micronesia (Federated States of), Nauru, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Africa, Americas, Antarctica Region, Asia, Europe, Australia and New Zealand
The Inclusive Fintech 50 initiative leverages a competitive process led by an independent judging panel of experts to identify 50 early-stage fintechs driving financial inclusion and resilience.
We are looking for early-stage fintechs in advanced or emerging markets that offer a solution among credit, insurance, payments & remittances, savings & personal financial management, or infrastructure addressing special challenges of underserved customer segments.
The 50 selected fintechs will receive significant visibility among investors and partners through features in the media, the white paper, and a digital event series. Two of the selected fintechs will also receive a cash prize of USD 25,000 based on the independent judging panel’s assessment of their contribution to the financial resilience of low-income households and businesses. Additionally, all applicants can opt-in to share contact information with the IF50 Investors Circle, a group of more than 15 leading investors who are keen to meet early-stage inclusive fintechs. Learn more here.
Inclusive Fintech 50 was founded by MetLife Foundation and Visa Inc., with support from Accion and IFC, and additional funding from BlackRock and Jersey Overseas Aid & Comic Relief. The initiative is implemented by MIX, the global data resource for investors focused on inclusive finance.
- Fintechs applying to the Inclusive Fintech 50 should be early-stage companies focused on underserved segments.
- Fintechs that are self-funded, seed-stage, Series A, or Series B are welcome to apply.
- Applicants can be B2C, B2B, or B2B2C with a solution among credit, insurance, payments & remittances, savings & personal financial management, or infrastructure addressing challenges of underserved segments.
- Applications will be accepted in English, French, and Spanish.
- June 15, 2020: Application period opens
- July 10, 2020: Application period ends
- October 2020: Winners announced
- November 2020: Global launch, white paper, and digital event series