“I Am a Gender Equity Champion” is a competition sponsored by PES Latam to reward and give visibility to social entrepreneurs who implemented successful gender mainstreaming initiatives in Latin America and the Caribbean. Gender mainstreaming means integrating the gender perspective into one’s strategy, organization and operations with the goal of fighting discrimination and promoting gender equality. Do you want to know more about the topic? Take a look at our 9 ways to mainstream gender to learn about the many gender mainstreaming opportunities available to you, and explore the Hall of Fame to read about inspiring initiatives from fellow social entrepreneurs turned Gender Equity Champions. If you are hungry to learn more, and more importantly, do more, then take our Gender Mainstreaming Workshop, a 3-modules experience that will guide you throughout the creation of a concrete and successful gender initiative.
Who are we looking for?
- Social entrepreneurs that mainstreamed gender considerations into their strategy, operations, products, or organization. You can find examples of relevant, and exciting gender mainstreaming initiatives here
- The gender mainstreaming initiatives that will be rewarded should be holistic, address gender imbalances in a meaningful way, and result in a clear, measurable impact both in terms of business and social impact benefits
Why should you participate?
By applying you can win the following prizes:
- Being featured in the Hall of Fame alongside like-minded entrepreneurs. The Hall of Fame will be widely shared through Bioguia’s community of 18 million followers in Latin America.
- Being offered one podcasted interview with Efecto Colibrí
- Free participation to one digital marketing course by JA El Salvador
- A training and mentorship session with Instituto de la Mujer y Empresa
- Being invited to one podcasted interview by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation.
How to apply?
Step 1. Register an account in your name here
Step 2. Create a profile of your venture here
Step 3. Fill out the application form here. The application form requires additional information about your venture, a description of your gender mainstreaming initiative, a picture of the founder, and your organization’s logo
After the first selection by PES Latam, the winners of the competition will be ranked through a system of peer voting among social entrepreneurs, friends, and family!
To vote, return to this competition page and simply click “vote” under your favorite initiative! Voting will open on August 4th. Get as many people to vote for you as possible, to stand a chance of winning!
- Application call: from July 14th to August 1st
- Peer-to-peer voting of the best initiatives: August 4th to August 18th
- Winners’ announcement: August 23rd
About the organizers
PES Latam – is a comprehensive program with the mission to accelerate the emergence and growth of social enterprises across Latin America and the Caribbean
ES2 Latam – is a new platform that empower and connect social entrepreneurs and their ecosystem in Latin America and the Caribbean.
LeFil Consulting – is a consulting firm specialized in inclusive businesses, which supports entrepreneurs, corporations and governments to accelerate social innovations for the greater good.
With the support of
Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay, Venezuela
5. Gender Equality