Do you have a product with commercial potential? Do you have an awesome idea or research project?
Present your business in front of SU LaunchLab’s network of market and funding access partners.
Win a share of R100k in prize money to grow your startup!
Stellenbosch University LaunchLab is proud to present a Pan-African startup showcase in conjunction with the SU Faculty of AgriSciences, the SU School for Data Science & Computational Thinking and Alphawave.
Using data to drive increased efficiency, productivity & crop yields will significantly contribute to the positive economic & social growth of the African continent. This is one of our key thematic investments at Stellenbosch University LaunchLab and well supported by Africa’s leading Agricultural Sciences Faculty. The Agri & Data Showcase will focus on sourcing the 8 best early-stage ideas or companies from across Africa focused on this world-shaping opportunity.
Why apply for the showcase?
The three winning teams will gain access to valuable prize money and a place in SU LaunchLab’s flagship incubation program, Countdown: Idea Validation starting in June 2021. It’s a great opportunity for PR exposure and access to the SU LaunchLab partners!
What are we looking for?
We are looking for world-shaping Agri solutions that utilizes the following technologies:
- Electronic Solutions
- Computer vision
- Satellite imagery
- Artificial Intelligence
- Circular economy
- Agri-processing improvements
If your Agri & Data solution is commercially viable you will fit the following eligibility criteria for the showcase:
- You are operating in South Africa or Africa
- You have an MVP or working prototype
- Your technology or product has international scale potential
- You have a full-time team available
- You have been working on your venture for more than 12 months
- You are teachable and willing to be coached
- You are targeting three world-class customers
If your startup meets most of the above criteria then we want to work with you!
How it works
1) Submit your ideas online:
Online entries close on 17 May 2021. You can apply online below where you will submit a video of no longer than 3 minutes explaining your business and including the following: What does your product or solution aim to achieve?
After all the submissions are received, the top participants will be shortlisted, and from that, we will select 8-10 finalists.
3) Final pitching event
Finalists stand the chance to win:
- A share of R100k in prize money
- Entry into LaunchLab’s incubation programs (Countdown or Lift-Off)
- A possible additional prize of up to R50k for an electronics or big data business
- Virtual pitching event date & time: 27 May 2021 at 14:00 – 16:00 pm SAST.