Our Inaugural Latinas in Tech Startup Competition is aimed at discovering, supporting and amplifying tech startups with at least one Latina co-founder. We want to source Latina talent from all over the world and award non-dilutive cash prizes ($20K, $10K, and $5K) to our top three winners. Our ultimate goal is to catalyze the growth of recently founded startups that are determined to become billion dollar companies.
If you have the aspiration to have your company be a high growth startup and end up a billion dollar company, we strongly encourage you to submit a pitch application by May 3rd, 2021 at 11:59 pm PST.
Please review our company criteria in detail prior to submission. If you have any questions do refer to our FAQ, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Question about Startup Competition.
- At least one Latina Co-founder whose ownership percentage is reflected on the capitalization table. Please note that we do not consider founding team members unless they are Co-founders.
- Only a Founder or Co-founder can enter and submit a pitch application.
- The company is legally incorporated in the US or elsewhere. We will be awarding the corporate entity the financial non-dilutive cash grant.
- Companies can be headquartered outside of the United States.
- The company should not have raised more than $750K USD in funding prior to the competition.
- The company must have a strong tech or tech-enabled component. A few examples include a mobile app, direct to consumer e-commerce company, B2B or B2C marketplaces, software, etc. Please at least consider applying if you find that the use of a computer or cell phone is needed to use or access the service or product.
- Decks must be submitted in English.
- All questions in the submission form must be answered in order to have your entry reviewed by our selection committee.
- The video submission must not be longer than 2 minutes.
- If you make it to our semi-finalist round, please be prepared for us to request key documents and ask additional questions to get more insight into your company prior to going before the jury committee.
- A jury will select the three winners.
|Latinas In Tech Competition
Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay, Venezuela