|Application deadline||Feb 3, 2021|
|Program dates||Mar 1 - 9:00 - Mar 12 - 18:00|
|Organizer||lab of tomorrow Other|
|Sectors||Healthcare, Healthcare providers and services|
|SDG||3. Good Health and Well-being|
The lab of tomorrow (lot) fosters the creation of profitable and sustainable products and services which at the same time contribute to solving concrete challenges in developing and emerging countries. They are jointly developed by local and European companies with support from the lot, politics and research. The products and services are then brought to market and scaled as joint ventures or startups. The 11th lab of tomorrow process focuses on the challenge:
How might we prevent and control NCDs in Ghana in order to relieve the Ghanaian health care system?
Non-communicable diseases (NCDs) – diseases which are not transmissible from person to person such as heart disease, cancer, diabetes and chronic respiratory diseases – account for 43 % of all deaths in Ghana. The majority of NCDs are preventable which is an urgent challenge more than ever because people living with NCDs are highly vulnerable to COVID-19.
Within interdisciplinary teams you will get the opportunity to develop new business models (based on the Design Thinking Methodology), focusing on one of the following sub-challenges:
- Provision of affordable and effective drugs
- Connect health facilities for continuous treatment
- Accessible testing and monitoring systems
- Seamless access to NCD care in a fragmented system
- NCD prevention through healthy lifestyle promotion
We are looking for companies, entrepreneurs and partners from Europe and Ghana who
- are strongly interested in addressing the NCD market by developing and implementing a new business solution
- have relevant products in their portfolio that might be adapted to become part of new business solutions
- are experienced in the product development realm
- bring relevant expertise regarding the health sector in general or, ideally, the Ghanaian health sector
- can dedicate one employee for all 7 half-days of the 2-week Innovation Sprint to co-create a new solution together with other entrepreneurially-minded experts
- are strongly interested in driving the development and implementation of the emerging solution after the Innovation Sprint
- can commit time and resources to the development and implementation of the emerging solution
Take part in our 7 half-days virtual Innovation Sprint (February 8-19). Your role will be:
- Understand the insights and how to use them for your business case
- Ideate your business solution
- Start with solution prototyping and user testing
- Iterate your solution based on user feedback
- Begin designing your business model
- Pitch your idea in front of an expert review group
- Draw your roadmap for the incubation phase
For more information about the challenge and the application procedure visit the lab of tomorrow website!
We are looking forward to receiving your application.