PIVOT East, one of the most prestigious startup competitions and conferences is now open for entries through its PIVOT East Startups Community Network. The… read more
|Application deadline||May 31|
|Location||Senteu Plaza, Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya|
|Targets||Burundi, Ethiopia, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan, Tanzania, United Republic of, Uganda|
Agribusiness, Business services, Clean technology and energy, Utilities, Construction and manufacturing, Manufacturing, Creative, media and entertainment, Education, Financial services, Healthcare, ICT, Leisure and travel, Retail and wholesale, Consumer non-durables, Transport and logistics, Water, sanitation and hygiene, Cars, Household appliances, Luxury goods and jewelry
- Participating startups must be domiciled in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Ethiopia, South Sudan and Somalia.
- Entries to the competition will be considered to be startups as per the universal definition of a “startup”* or a startup company (*as done below)
- Participants must fill the co-founder’s details, startup profile and startup details.
- Participating startups must also indicate details of at least two members of their team in their application profile
- Companies that reached final 25 lists of previous PIVOT East competition cannot compete with products/services previously submitted for the competition, the judging panel will have the discretion to disqualify entries in breach of this requirement.
- Competitors selected to the final 25 must have set up a legal entity (business name, limited company etc) for their business by the time the call for application closes.
- Competitors with legal entities already set up will have an added advantage at all judging stages.Decisions of the judging committees at all competition stages will be final.
- New products/services by new startups.
- New products/services by former Pivot East finalist
- Spin-offs from existing companies with the potential/intention to grow into a separate autonomous company.