The Digital Literacy Program (DLP) innovation competition is open for innovators developing solutions for opportunities available in the DLP.
This year, the iHUB has been selected by the Kenyan ICT Authority (ICTA), as one of the hubs to identify and select innovators in Kenya who have/can create solutions that will help improve the Digital Literacy Program and enable the Government better interact with schools, teachers, learners and other stakeholders in the DLP program.
In light of this, we have launched a call to identify innovators whose products, services or ideas can further enhance the digital literacy program across the following thematic areas:
- Creation and sharing of additional content for learners (cloud platforms).
- Security of devices and content – coming up with ways of ensuring that devices are well secured (tracking mechanism or any other way) and that theft cases are minimized.
- Inclusivity in Education- Special Needs Education(Learners & Teachers).
- Artificial intelligence for learners & Teachers
The overall winner will:
- Be recognized and showcase innovation at Connected Summit 2020 and other ICTA events
- Get support from ICTA and its development partners in conjunction with the domicile hub to develop the innovative idea into a product that will be commercialized
- iHub’s Call for Participation closes at midnight on 31st May 2020 at EAT (East African Time).
- Submission of 12 successful applicants by each hub – 3rd June 2020.
- Innovation review by ICTA to select the top 5 solutions 8th – 10th June 2020.
- The final evaluation to select winner 22nd-24th June 2020.
Please carefully read the requirements in the DLP competition guide, and then complete the Online Application Form to submit your application for the DLP innovation competition 2020 in Kenya.