The Engineering Management Society (EMS) was founded in 1951, becoming the Technology Management Council (TMC) in 2007. In 2015 we transitioned to the Technology and Engineering Management Society.
Vision, Mission, Values, and Field of Interest
Tag line : “Leaders Enabling Projects/Services Success For Good”
- Help IEEE members to maintain essential engineering management skills;
- Support the leadership career path of IEEE members;
- Foster active knowledge transfer between the academic and practicing communities.
To advance, enhance, and improve essential management and leadership knowledge and skills of IEEE members.
To be the premier resource of essential management and leadership knowledge.
Field of Interest
The Field of Interest of the TEMS encompasses the management sciences and practices required for defining, implementing, and managing engineering and technology. Specific topics of interest include, but are not limited to: technology policy development, assessment, and transfer; research; product design and development; manufacturing operations; innovation and entrepreneurship; program and project management; strategy; education and training; organisational development and human behavior; transitioning to management; and the socioeconomic impact of engineering and technology management.
Five Focus Areas
- Moving Product/Services from Idea to Market
- Identifying and Implementing Successful Projects, and Systems
- Integrating Technology for Capability and Productivity
- Developing from Engineer to Leader
- Balancing the Norms of Society, Government, and Regulators
IEEE is the world’s largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity.
IEEE and its members inspire a global community to innovate for a better tomorrow through its more than 396,000 members in over 160 countries, and its highly cited publications, conferences, technology standards, and professional and educational activities. IEEE is the trusted “voice” for engineering, computing, and technology information around the globe.
|Sectors||EdTech, HealthTech, ICT|