What is the Standard Chartered Women in Technology Incubator Kenya Program?
The Standard Chartered Women in Technology Incubator Kenya is Africa’s leading women in tech incubator, aligning with calls for more diversity in technology and for more opportunities for women to develop entrepreneurial and leadership excellence. The program is an initiative of Standard Chartered in partnership with Strathmore University @iBizAfrica incubator.
The program combines world class startup support with local and international experience to provide Africa’s most competitive and attractive startup incubation program focusing immersive learning, mentorship, building and growing Africa’s next iconic startups taking on the continent’s most relevant challenges and opportunities.
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking to recruit the best entrepreneurial minds, women-lead startup teams leveraging on technology as a key driver of innovation in business.
The founding applicant must:
- be a woman:
- 18 and above
- of Kenyan nationality
What are the the program thematic areas?
Applicants may submit applications across but not limitedto the following thematic areas:
- Mobile Solutions
- Digital Banking
Who can apply?
Principal founders of women-lead teams from the general public, all schools, colleges and universities in Kenya.
- Must be Kenyan centric i.e. be aligned with the needs of Kenyans and aimed at mitigating these challenges
- Must be innovation driven, leveraging on technology and new business models across
- Must be women focused – entrants must be led by a woman with majority stake in the company
- Business model must have clear focus on sustainability and alignment to the sustainable development goals.
- 3 months to less than 2 years of operations
- Seeking support for proof of concept, customer, product and business model development
- Pre-revenue with early traction (users). Post revenue is an added advantage.
What do Participants Get?
- Three months incubation at Strathmore University’s leading tech incubator
- Mentorship from world class mentors
- Coaching by top business, technolgy and legal professionals
- Immersive, world-class entrepreneurship curriculum
- Networking and exposure to expand your business networks
What do Winners Get?
10 teams will compete to secure seed funding and 9 months ongoing support from Standard Chartered and @iBizAfrica to assist with go-to market and scale. 5 top teams will receive up toUSD 10,000 or KES. 1 million seed grant funding to launch and grow their businesses!
Intellectual property and equity stake
- The applicants retain their IP
- We do not take equity for seed funding granted through this program.
Got what it takes? Apply now!
|Program dates||Dec 6, 2017 - Mar 9, 2018|
Agribusiness, Banking, Clean technology, Computer hardware, Computer software, Construction, Creative, media and entertainment, Diversified services, E-commerce, EdTech, Education, Financial services, Food and beverage, Healthcare, HealthTech, Import and export, Insurance, Internet, Leisure and travel, Mobile, Real estate, Renewable energy, Retail, Specialty retail, Telecom, Transport and logistics, Utilities, Waste management and recycling, Water, sanitation and hygiene, Wholesale
- Bernard Chiira posted an update on the Acceleration Program page Standard Chartered Women in Technology Incubator Kenya.
The deadline is quickly approaching! Apply now! Share with your friends. Its time to give women founders a powerful platform to develop and grow Africa’s next unicorns! Let’s get this opportunity to 200+ women founders in Kenya!
- Carren Namwaya Soita posted an update on the Acceleration Program page Standard Chartered Women in Technology Incubator Kenya.
These is good news!!so impressed,