Standard Chartered Women In Tech Incubator Cohort 4Accelerating the Digital Economy through Women Owned Businesses
|Application deadline||Jan 31, 2021|
|Program dates||Oct 15, 2020 - Jan 7, 2022 - 23:30|
Agribusiness, Business services, Clean technology and energy, Construction and manufacturing, Creative, media and entertainment, Education, Healthcare, ICT, Transport and logistics, Water, sanitation and hygiene
What is the Standard Chartered Women in Technology Incubator Kenya Program?
The Standard Chartered Women in Technology Incubator Kenya is Africa’s leading women in tech incubator, aligning with calls for more diversity in technology and for more opportunities for women to develop entrepreneurial and leadership excellence. The program is an initiative of Standard Chartered in partnership with Strathmore University‘s @iBizAfrica incubator. It combines world-class startup support with local and international experience to provide Africa’s most competitive and attractive startup incubation program focusing on immersive learning, mentorship, building and growing Africa’s next iconic startups taking on the continent’s most relevant challenges and opportunities with the support of seed capital.
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking to recruit the best entrepreneurial minds, women-led tech startups as key drivers of innovation in business.
The principle founder must be:
- A woman
- Above 18 years of age.
- Of Kenyan nationality or permanent residency
- The business must be based in Kenya i.e. be aligned with the needs of Kenyans and operating in Kenya
- The company must be a tech-enabled and/or leveraging on emerging technologies, including but not limited to; Internet of Things (IoT); Artificial Intelligence; Robotics; Augmented & Virtual Reality; 3D & 4D Printing; Cloud Computing; Big Data; Blockchain; Drone Technology and Biometrics.
- The company must be founded or co-founded by a woman with an equal or majority stake.
- The founder or co-founder must be over 18 years old and Kenyan
- The business model must have a clear focus on sustainability and alignment to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- 3 months to less than 5 years of operations.
- Seeking support for proof of concept, customer, product, and business model development.
- Pre-revenue with early traction (users).
- Post revenue is an added advantage, with the creation of a new business module.
Program Thematic Areas
Companies solving for any of the 17 SDGs with operations within, but not limited to the following sectors are eligible to apply for the program;
- Information Technology
- Financial Services
- 12 weeks of an immersive learning experience
- Access to a leading network of coaching experts
- Access to B2B networking opportunities
- Personalized mentorship sessions to address your unique business needs
- Opportunity to join a supportive Women in Tech Alumni Network
- KES 1,000,000 equity-free grant seed funding for the top five finalists
- 9 months ongoing support from Standard Chartered and @iBizAfrica to assist with go-to-market and scale for the top five finalists.
Terms and Condition
Successful completion of the Women in Tech Virtual Incubation Program is compulsory. If a physical meet up is necessary, government regulations on COVID-19 health measures MUST be observed.
- Merryl Omondi posted an update on the Acceleration Program page Standard Chartered Women In Tech Incubator Cohort 4.
The deadline for Standard Chartered Women in Tech Cohort Four has been extended to 31st January 2021.
Submit your application TODAY!