Hlayisani Capital is a black owned venture capital fund manager that is focused on high growth technology enabled businesses with a South African link growing into international markets.
Hlayisani Venture Fund 1 is fully deployed and Hlayisani is currently raising its Venture Fund II.
Our team has extensive deal experience in both VC and PE locally and internationally with a network that spans the globe and is leveraged to the advantage of our portfolio companies.
Hlayisani’s investment philosophy is focused on the acquisition of either significant minority equity positions in market-leading, growth-driven businesses and high potential, revenue-generating ventures. Hlayisani invests in companies that:
- Are led by strong and visionary management teams
- Utilise innovative business models with proven scalable technology in large markets with export potential
- Demonstrate strong revenue growth and have significant client base potential
- Are potential market leaders or significant players in their respective target sectors or regions
- Showcase identifiable exit opportunities.
- Incorporate profitable business models that result in significant socio-economic impact as set out in the UN’s SDG’s (Sustainable Development Goals).
- Require an equity investment of between R10m and R100m
|Location||Stellenbosch, Western Cape, South Africa|
Angola, Botswana, Chad, Comoros, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania, United Republic of, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Agribusiness, EdTech, Education, Enterprise software, Healthcare, HealthTech, ICT, Information technology