Horn of Africa Voluntary Youth Committee (HAVOYOCO) is a regional Non -Governmental Organization (NGO) operating in Somaliland and Ethiopia. HAVAYOCO was founded in 1992 and since its inception, it has successfully implemented different development projects in Somaliland and Ethiopia.
To improve the rights and socio-economic wellbeing of the target communities in the Horn of Africa. The organization has defined its strategic focus by clarifying its mandate and making
The organization has defined its strategic focus by clarifying its mandate and making a thorough analysis of its external and internal environments. To maximize the impact of its work the organization will, over the coming five years, focus on delivering on five organizational priorities namely empowering and creating employment opportunities for youth, supporting pastoral and agro-pastoral communities, good governance, improving other and child health and nutrition and institutional capacity building and sustainability.
Over the five year period 2016-2020, HAVOYOCO will focus on the following strategic objectives:
Strategic objective 1: Creation of employment opportunities and provision of marketable skills for the youth improved
Strategic objective 2: Support of pastoral and agro-pastoral community’s development and resilience enhanced
Strategic objective 3: Community participation in decision making, democracy and economic development increased
Strategic objective 4: Mother and child basic health and nutrition improved
Strategic objective 5: organizational capacity and sustainability of HAVOYOCO strengthened
To effectively achieve these strategic objectives HAVOYOCO will make use of the following strategies:
- Establish good working relations with the local government as well as relevant Ministries and relevant government departments and agencies.
- Broaden and diversify funding resources for institutional sustainability.
- Networking and collaborations with other TVET stakeholders
- Promoting and increasing community engagement on agricultural investment
- Adopt Approaches for adapting climate variability
- Adoption of Ministry of Education TVET Operational Guidelines
- Promote child protection and child rights.
- Strengthen and expand the capacity of the circus group as a community awareness tool
- Establish and furnish district, regional and zonal resource centers for information sharing.
- Establish and maintain strategic relationships with universities and research institutions.
- Mainstream gender and HIV at both institutional and program level