Hatched 2016A business incubation program for startups in Kumasi that need traction or funding support
|Application deadline||Sep 30|
|Program dates||Oct 3, 2016 - Jun 30, 2017|
|Organizer||Hapaspace Innovation Hub|
Clean technology, Computer software, Creative, media and entertainment, E-commerce, EdTech, Education, Financial services, HealthTech, Internet, Mobile, Utilities
Has your brilliant concept taken off already? Get the push it deserves by applying to Hatched 2016 and take your startup to the next level.
Hatched is a business incubation program for startups that have moved from the idea stage and are ready for market or have already launched but need fund raising support. In this maiden edition, 10-12 startups will be selected through an application process. The selected startups will receive comprehensive business incubation support for 9 months.
The package includes but not limited to the following: office space, business training, programming/tech support, business development (including marketing), legal advice, accounting support, and fund raising support.
The program will start in October 2016 and end in June 2017
- 6th September – Application opens
- 26th September – Application closes
- 28th and 29th September – Screening of shortlisted applicants
- 30th September – Announcement of successful applicants
- 3rd October – Incubation begins
Apart from the team’s ability to demonstrate passion and commitment toward their startups, the following general criteria shall apply:
- Startups must be technology-enabled businesses (not necessarily tech startups) that have the potential to scale and turn in profits.
- Startups must have already tested their idea and/or made at least $1
- Startup team members must be physically present in Kumasi to fully participate in all activities
- Although not a strict requirement, we prefer a team size of 2-3
- All startup team members are required to complete the Hatched syllabus through our weekly and bi-weekly business training program. An average of six contact hours a week is required to complete the syllabus in nine months.
- All startup team members must also be available to fully participate in other activities of the Hatched program such as mentoring sessions, customer surveys/interviews, demo day and press events.
Please note. We have a soft spot for:
- Teams that have female founders
- Teams with technical co-founders
- Social innovation startups
- Office space: All startups shall be given office space in a co-working environment at no cost for the entire period of the incubation program i.e. nine months. This comes with free internet.
- Technical support: There will be a team of developers to support startups that need technical assistance to power their businesses on web, mobile or cloud platforms.
- Business development support: For any business documentation needed – contracts, service level agreements, non-disclosure agreements, shareholder/partnership agreements, business and marketing plans, etc. – the business development team will be on call to assist.
- Professional services: Your team’s selection to this program means, for nine months, you have access to free legal, accounting and business consulting services.
- Branding and promotion: Startups will have free access to our video and graphic design team who will help them brand and promote their businesses. Startups will also be supported to promote their brands online.
- Business training: All startups shall receive comprehensive business training on business model design, product development, digital marketing, investor pitching and raising capital, etc.
- Fund raising: The ultimate goal of the Hatched program is to make all startups investor-ready. By the end of the incubation period, startups will have the opportunity to pitch to investors and get funding for their businesses.
Please direct all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org or you may whatsapp the following number: +233244722599