About the Hackaton
With more than 12 thousand affiliated companies, as well as hundreds of specialists and independent workers of very diverse profiles and new professionals looking for job offers in the industry, The Mexican Chamber of the Construction Industry (CMIC) faces the challenge of finding a way to connect all the actors in the sector.
It may sound simple, but imagine the difficulty of articulating, for example, a database with information in place in an industry that is constantly on the move; or communicating to all of your colleagues about tenders and job opportunities that they could take advantage of, as well as letting them know the training programs they offer to boost their professionalization. This is the challenge your team and you are able to solve it?
About the organizers
Hualiz Mexico, in collaboration with the Secretariat of Innovation, Science and Technology of Jalisco, and the Mexican Chamber of Construction Industry in Jalisco present the CMIC Meeting, one of the components of the Hacking Hub initiative, which consists of a virtual event to catalyze innovation, detonate collaborations and links that provide solutions to problems in the construction sector at the state and national level.
Design and develop innovative projects focused on connecting and articulating state construction sector actors in an efficient, inclusive and equitable way.
- The Mexican Chamber of the Construction Industry has about 10,000 partners at the national level.
- This industry plays a very important role in the development of the country and is particularly important for the state of Jalisco. Our state is characterized by always being at the forefront, by its great buildings, its educational institutions and its magnificent facilities, its more than 4,420 km of road stretch, more than 1,110 km of railway tracks, hospitals, bridges, infrastructure for public transport, etc. The Mexican Chamber of Construction is the main responsibility for these works and for Jalisco to be able to position itself as a reference at the national level.
- According to the IIEG (Jalisco Institute of Statistical and Geographical Information) during April 2019, Jalisco concentrated 5.9% of the total value of the construction industry’s production in the country, placing the state in fourth place nationally, only below Nuevo Leon, the State of Mexico and Mexico City. Within the specific objectives presented by the CMIC for this challenge are:
- The precise identification and registration of the various actors involved in the construction industry, being these: organizations, companies, professionals, entrepreneurs, suppliers, students, etc.
- The facilitation of optimal communication between them.
- The effective promotion and communication of better opportunities for all people involved in the sector.
Those who can participate
Directed people from any part of Mexico and Latin America, who want to work in multidisciplinary teams to solve the challenges facing the construction sector of the state of Jalisco.
Date and time
The InnovaBrick Hackathon will be held on Friday, November 20, from 15:30 a.m. to Sunday, November 22, at 19:30.