About The Program
The Africa ClimAccelerator is a 6-month long program that focuses on supporting 15 innovative, climate-focused early-stage ventures in Africa. Qualified startups must put the objective of enhancing sustainability at the forefront of their own mission and growth.
Startup founders, across a variety of sectors, whose innovation matches well with Africa ClimAccelerator vision will need to address at least one of Climate-KIC’s Impact Goals.
Climate-KIC Impact Goals
- Promote retrofit and decentralized energy.
- Nurture nature-based resilience for cities.
- Accelerate sustainable urban mobility.
- Make agriculture climate-smart.
- Reform food systems.
- Nurture forests in integrated landscapes.
- Build circular material flows.
- Reduce industry emissions.
- Reboot regional economies.
- Mainstream climate in financial markets.
Winners will receive:
- Up to €12,000 in grant funding, and access to follow-on funding opportunities.
- Attend customized workshops and training to accelerate your startup by experts from across Climate-KIC, GrowthAfrica, and the Carbon Trust.
- One-on-one mentorship with experienced business and technical mentors active across the climate innovation ecosystem.
- Participate in peer-to-peer learning with high-growth climate startups from across Africa.
- Financial readiness support and connect with the climate investors most active across the continent.
- Access to a growing community of leading actors and partners in the fast-growing climate tech ecosystem in Africa and internationally.
To qualify, your startup must:
- Develop a transformative climate solution that brings social and environmental value in the themes of land use, circular economy, blue economy, energy efficiency, or other climate themes.
- Be registered or plan to register (by end of the program) in any African country
- Have proof of concept exists, (ideally) with a proven need for the solution, main pain points mapped, feedback/ validations already received from potential customers, a tested prototype/minimum viable product created, and a roadmap designed.
- Have at least one member of the team being full-time on the business/project
- Willingly participate in the program activities which will be fully delivered in English
November 7, 2021
Environmental services, Agribusiness, Agritech, Artificial intelligence, Clean technology, Clean technology and energy, Diversified services, Green transportation and electric motors, Internet of things (IoT), Renewable energy, Smart city solutions, Solar power, Waste management and recycling