‘Make-IT in Africa’ supports 5 start-ups from Nigeria, Kenya, Ghana and Tunisia (one person per start-up) to attend the Afrolynk Conference 2018 in Berlin, Germany.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- For our pitching contest, we are looking for startups falling in line with a few the Sustainable Development Goals.
- When you apply, in Section 1, make sure to emphasize that you heard about the conference through ‘Make-IT in Africa’.
WHAT MAKE-IT IN AFRICA AND AFROLYNK OFFER YOU:
While the attendance at the Afrolynk Conference (29-31 August 2018) is free for selected startups, GIZ does not provide direct funding for your business. However, the following will be provided:
- Fare, accommodation, and insurance costs for the duration of the event are covered by Make-IT in Africa
- Local and international exposure. Be featured as a high-potential startup on the Make-IT website and present your business at the Afrolynk Conference 2018 to engage with potential investors and industry
- Networks. Attend various events hosted by Make-IT partners (incl. corporates, investors, industry experts and representatives of the private and public sectors)
- Mentorship. Connect with our pool of highly qualified local and international mentors and experts.
During a three-day event, selected start-ups have the opportunity to participate in workshops and discussions and to talk to other founders.
- July 21st – 26th, 2018 (11:59 pm CET)> Online application
- July 27th 2018 > Feedback on application
- August 28th 2018 >Travel to Berlin
- August 29th and 30th 2018 > Entrepreneurs & Innovators Workshops for Startups
- August 31st 2018 > Main Conference & Startup-Night
- September 1st 2018 > Return flight
Afrolynk is an impact venture that supports, connects and brings together start-ups, entrepreneurs, investors, co-operations and organizations linked to the EU African market. Following the goal to provide capacity-building services and facilitate networking for young entrepreneurs working on or with a company on the African continent, Afrolynk is organizing the three-day event.
Among others, Afrolynk builds bridges between the startup ecosystems in Europe and Africa by organizing conferences, events and meetups in order to connect entrepreneurs, investors and policy makers with a stake in Africa and help them find ways to innovate and accelerate together.
Afrolynk is supported by Microsoft 4Afrika and investors such as GreenTec Capital Partners who provide advice and access to existing funds, and co-create new opportunities for better access to finance.
|Application deadline||July 26|
|Program dates||August 28 - September 1, 2018|
|Organizer||GIZPublic Sector Initiative|
|Targets||Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Tunisia|
|Sectors||Clean technology and energy, Creative, media and entertainment, Education, Financial services, Healthcare, ICT|