Are you an African start-up entrepreneur addressing pain points in mobility in one or more markets in Africa?
We are looking for solutions that could include: connectivity, IoT and big data; vehicle hailing, renting and sharing; charging, parking and city transport infrastructure; clean energy and electric vehicles; automation and delivery; vehicle safety; insurance and more.
WHAT IS THE MOBILITY DEMO DAY AND WHY APPLY?
A day bringing together the Top 10 Smart Mobility start-ups from across Africa to pitch to Bosch and Founders Factory Africa for a chance to win a cash prize up to $30,000 and potentially partner with Bosch, as well as be in the running to Founders Factory Africa’s Accelerator Program. Attending the Demo Day will also be investors, partners, and other tech ecosystem players in South Africa.
The deadline for applications is 6th September 2019 at 11:59 pm to join a cohort of 10 start-ups at the Demo Day during the first week of November 2019 in Johannesburg, expenses paid.
This is an exciting opportunity to showcase your start-up solution to Bosch, one of the world’s largest suppliers of Smart Mobility solutions with strong presence and distribution across Africa and to explore areas of collaboration across Africa and globally.
Three start-up finalists of the Demo Day, picked by Bosch and Founders Factory Africa on the day, will stand a chance of winning up to $30,000 as well as being the first in line for collaboration with Bosch. If you are an early stage or reaching growth stage start-up that fits the criteria outlined below then apply now or get in touch for further details.
In addition, you may be selected to be in the running to enter Founders Factory Africa’s bespoke Accelerator: a tailored six-month engagement with access to over 40 tech and business experts and designers, as well as Founders Factory Africa’s corporate investors to scale your start-up.
Potential areas of collaboration with Bosch
- Support on technology and product design
- Accessing data and analytics sets
- Accessing Bosch’s wide network of customers
- Piloting and testing with Smart Mobility teams
- And more to be explored once winners are chosen
WHO SHOULD APPLY TO THE DEMO DAY?
We are looking for early- to growth-stage ventures that fit the following criteria and sit within the Smart Mobility themes we’ve identified or other themes.
- Clearly identified market or customer pain point and value proposition
- Revenue generating an advantage
- Strong technology and business co-founders
- Innovative solution with a validated minimum viable product (MVP)
- Clear potential for growth and increasing unit economics
- Strategic alignment with Bosch’s focus on Smart Mobility Solutions
- Passenger cabin safety
- Public transport route automation
- Connectivity / IoT Solutions
- Urbanisation (connectivity, infrastructure)
- Clean energy and electric vehicles
- Data (could overlap with insurance)
- More detail on themes
HOW TO APPLY?
Fill in a simple form about your start-up and upload your pitch deck. Finalists will be contacted for interviews. The top 10 start-ups will be invited to come to Johannesburg, South Africa, in the first week of November 2019. All expenses will be covered.
The deadline for applications is 6th September 2019 at 11:59.
|Application deadline||September 6|
|Organizer||Founders Factory Africa|
|Location||Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa|
|Sectors||Automotive, Clean technology, Electric utilities, Green transportation and electric motors, Internet-of-things, Personal transport, Public transport, Renewable energy, Transport and logistics|